Season 2 Rewards FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zagnut

11-14-2012

I was gold in 3v3 ranked with two of my friends, and silver in solo/duo ranked. Will I receive a gold badge (note: as of this post I have no S2 badge) and a gold loading screen border? Or will I just receive a silver loading screen border? It's interesting to note that I do have a gold profile border (where others can view your stats).

Kris1113

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I have my silver border and 2 summoner icons i got 1400 elo in 3v3 and my teamates dont have their silver border. Just me and another teamate we have silver border and icon but another 2 dont have. When they have their icons and screen borders?

SuperSaiyanNasus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

o wow ty!

CowMeat

11-14-2012

@ Riot, if we haven't received a forum badge for season 2, but have earned it, when can we expect it to appear?

Resther

11-14-2012

At the end of Season 2, my Rating was 1264, and I had a Silver Solo/Duo Queue Badge on my profile.
My friend had a Rating of 1238, and also had a Silver Solo/Duo Queue Badge on his profile.

The difference is that he has a Silver border,but I don't. I'd like to know why this is, considering we both had a Silver Solo/Duo Queue Badge before the end of Season 2.

EDIT: I also just saw that he has a Season 2 Silver Summoner Icon, which I also do not have. Is this simply just a "We haven't finished distributing the rewards yet." scenario, or what ?

justinph

11-14-2012

codewizard0

11-14-2012

love the silver border

E n

11-14-2012

thank you for this. helps a lot

Numba Wan Kenobi

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
I see everyone's point about showing the Ranked 3s border trim in normal TT games, but I'm still concerned about confusion and elitism resulting from Platinum or Diamond Ranked 3s borders showing up in normal games of a much lower skill level. If there were a Ranked Solo TT queue then it would be a different story, and it'd be an easy call to use that instead.

As for being unclear: when we originally posted the rewards announcement we were still working out where the borders would be shown, but the current decision was announced in a couple places including the Season End FAQ here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744128

Apologies that you didn't know this earlier though! Our communication can always be improved.
I wonder why this post of yours is downvoted.

Oh I got it.. maybe it is because this "confusion" you have about Diamond borders showing up with Bronze borders in NORMAL TT already happens? It has happened all season too, by the way, just without the visual indicator (borders).

Have you stopped for a second to realize that several Diamond ranked players get matched everyday in Normals with people who arent even Ranked or are like 800 solo queue elo in several hundred matches?

Ive played countless normal games this year with players like XJ9 and many other 1800~2800 ranked soloque ELO on an account that didnt even have ANY ranked elo at the time, and my win/loss ratio in normals was like +10 or less, because I sucked. Yet somehow, they were in my matches.

So, because the matchmaking system is awesome and it does not take into account RANKED SOLO QUEUE ELO when matching your normals (which many high elos dont even play much which is why I suppose their elo there is minimal and not really accurate), this can happen.
In fact, you can even be less than lvl 30 and be matched to a 2100 ELO player (Happened to me on a lvl 28 account not too long ago).

You dont even have to take my word for it, just check the recent matches of random 1.8k+ elo players in lolking or similar websites, if they play normals, check the profiles of the players they had on their team. More often than not *much more often than not* the allies and enemies will have extremely different ranked elos, sometimes they will be much lower, others much higher, and some others might not even have ranked games played, yet they are all on the same match.

So yeah, what you are saying is a ridiculous excuse and I seriously dont get it, specially coming from someone who works at Riot and should at the very least know how their system works.

If I had known the SOLO QUEUE elo was what was going to show on all my other matches, I wouldnt have played the 10 matches for a ranked to get the "fourth icon", Im seriously now COMPLETELY EMBARASSED to play anything because my border is Silver when all I played was 10 lousy matches. I won 8 and lost 2 and ended up in Silver (20~ elo from Gold), which I didnt care for because I didnt think you guys would do such a retarded move to actually put that elo into all my games now. Had I known that, I wouldve played at least 1 more match for Gold in SQ and not be as embarassed, but of course, in the 10 billion FAQ threads shown these past 2~ months, you didnt bother to mention this properly (it was always in a "to be determined" fashion, never giving real answers) until a thread made almost at the end of it.

Now that it has turned out to be such a major failure and dissapointment, at least allow us to turn off the freakin borders if we choose to. I know I do.

Also, representation of skill my butt. Solo queue is chaos, everyone knows that, even the highest elo players say it on stream all the time. Solo queue means almost nothing at all, it is all one big chaos.

Want skill? Play team ranked, now that takes skill and teamwork. Regardless of who you "know", you can only get so far in team ranked if you are not up to the skill level you are playing against, specially because you know, you are playing against 5 organized players who happen to be on that elo aswell.

I cant possibly understand the logic behind saying Solo Queue is a better representation of individual skill than Teams, or any skill for that matter.

You dont get anywhere in Teams if your individual skill is lower than those playing with/against you.

However, you can literally get to Gold in Solo Queue by pure luck and getting carried in less than 15 matches, even if you belong in 100 elo.

Im eager to know what kind of excuse you will bring out next to respond to my argument, I literally cant wait.

Im extremely dissapointed at you (Riot) for this decision. I sure hope you make better/smarter ones in the future.

Libra

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resther View Post
At the end of Season 2, my Rating was 1264, and I had a Silver Solo/Duo Queue Badge on my profile.
My friend had a Rating of 1238, and also had a Silver Solo/Duo Queue Badge on his profile.

The difference is that he has a Silver border,but I don't. I'd like to know why this is, considering we both had a Silver Solo/Duo Queue Badge before the end of Season 2.

EDIT: I also just saw that he has a Season 2 Silver Summoner Icon, which I also do not have. Is this simply just a "We haven't finished distributing the rewards yet." scenario, or what ?
This is exactly my problem as well. I have a higher elo than my friend yet he has the silver border and I don't.