Season 2 Rewards FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lt Jimbob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

good stuff

Balvedius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I'll copy and paste my question that I asked in a different thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post
Ranked games show the border that you earned in that particular queue. All other game modes show the border that was achieved in the Ranked Solo queue."
See, this is where it confuses me slightly.

If a player had gotten gold in 5's team, then I agree the border should appear in 5's team.

But what about the 3's players? It sucks knowing that I achieved gold in 3's team but when I decide to play a normal 3's game I don't get a border, but the people who achieved gold on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MAP get one. Shouldn't the people who got gold in solo queue only have the border on the only map that was offering a solo queue?

They didn't play 3's in solo queue, nobody did because nobody could, so why should they get recognized there? Yes they have demonstrated that they are able to work with 4 other people and have proven their individual skill, but have they demonstrated their knowledge of the map?

Yes there could be the whole elitism to it such as "Oh, I'm diamond and you're nothing, that means you are null and void", but there could also be a positive side to it such as "Oh hey, that player is diamond in 3's, I should pay closer attention to him than what I normally would and learn stuff"

LLStyleGG

11-14-2012

oh nice

Silverplatoon

Recruiter

11-14-2012

awesome, thanks

Giankage

11-14-2012

holla

Yoah

11-14-2012

Thanks~!

Rograden

11-14-2012

@Yegg, can you please make it so the borders are toggled? like maybe an option, or so that they're only on when you wear he corresponding summoner icon... I really don't want show off Silver, or Gold or Plat for that matter..

people are being harassed for these borders, if their good then its " why arent you as good as your banner, omg you suck, wow elo booster" and **** like that when 1 little thing goes wrong, also same applies with low tier banners " ****ing silver banner scrub wrecking the game, go back to your elo hell" so on and so forth..

it's really more of a label for ridicule and bad play than it is a "reward"

kirillian

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Not as part of Season 2 rewards. That said I agree that we could do a better job of recognizing accomplishments outside of ranked play, and that's something I hope to work on sometime soon.

And before someone says it, yes, I know that ranked Dominion would make Season 3 rewards available to Dominion players. We'll see.
Wait...another hint at this but no confirmation?!?! NO!!!

Roo99

11-14-2012

Nice

TaNKeD

11-14-2012

So I get the gold border because I was on a team that got Gold but not the badge as it wasn't me playing games?

Makes sense.