Season 2 Rewards FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dongfang Bubai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-13-2012

*0*

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-13-2012
10 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualisk View Post
I don't understand why your ranked 3's doesn't appear in normal 3's. That map is certainly more indicative of player skill than premade 5's is. I think you guys were really unclear about how solo queue ranked was really the only queue that mattered for rewards. That's pretty lame if you ask me. What is the point of borders if the only people who see them are the team you got them with?
I see everyone's point about showing the Ranked 3s border trim in normal TT games, but I'm still concerned about confusion and elitism resulting from Platinum or Diamond Ranked 3s borders showing up in normal games of a much lower skill level. If there were a Ranked Solo TT queue then it would be a different story, and it'd be an easy call to use that instead.

As for being unclear: when we originally posted the rewards announcement we were still working out where the borders would be shown, but the current decision was announced in a couple places including the Season End FAQ here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744128

Apologies that you didn't know this earlier though! Our communication can always be improved.

Imsexyyoureugly

11-13-2012

badge?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-13-2012
11 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moobeat View Post
Question, I established a team in late August and we played five games to get ranked. None of us have received our icons yet, but this team is eligible for rewards, correct? We all joined around August 19th but didn't play until after September 1st.
The team is eligible for rewards, yes. Did your icons eventually show up?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-13-2012
12 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Link View Post
Will Elo gained during this "Preseason" go towards Season 3, or will there be another reset?
Yes, Elo earned during the preseason will count towards your standings in Season 3. There will not be another reset.

Pen 1sland

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

cool

Ryuzaki xD

11-13-2012

Please yegg let ranked 3's borders show in normals,its not any different from people searching you up on lolking anyway which happens very often.Atleast give 3v3 players some feeling of accomplishment!

Imsexyyoureugly

11-13-2012

If I dont play my placement elo, do my elo drop? Like 3 weeks? because I'm looking to start playing a bit later.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-13-2012
13 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peth View Post
Now we just need an FAQ explaining which icon is which

The one that has a single gem in the center is for solo queue.
The one that has three gems at the top of the cup is for 3v3.
The one that has five gems at the bottom of the cup is for 5v5.
The one that has all of the above as well as a brighter background is the fourth bonus icon.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-13-2012
14 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imsexyyoureugly View Post
If I dont play my placement elo, do my elo drop? Like 3 weeks? because I'm looking to start playing a bit later.
Yes, Elo decay can affect you if you don't play your placement matches, assuming your Elo after the soft reset is above 1400.