Should in game taunts be removed?

In game taunts removed, players who spam them should be punished 11 4.40%
In game taunts removed, players who spam them should be pardoned 12 4.80%
In game taunts kept, players who spam them should be punished 62 24.80%
In game taunts kept, players who spam them should be pardoned 165 66.00%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Since the community bans emote spammers, should emotes be removed? (Poll)

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlsGoDieThx

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGoodGuyGreg View Post
I didn't miss your point. Your point was completely moronic that I couldn't respond to it seriously. I see no correlation between a Singed playing his character the way he feels is best to win the game for the team as opposed to "SPAMMING EMOTE" because spamming emote will win the game for the team of course.

No there isn't. Use your common sense, There is no grey area. I have over 800+ games and have yet to land in the tribunal. NOT Acting like a dickwad + using common sense is a good combination. Try it, it works.

You are starting to deviate from the point. That is, spamming in any form is annoying. Spamming emotes is no exception.

That's because others have formed their own personal code and obviously do not agree with the Summoner's Code. GG NOOBS violates code #6. Prior to partaking in the tribunal, judges are asked to agree to make judgments based on the summoner's code. Therefore, we are not to judge based on our own personal code. If I were to judge based on my own personal code, I would have pardoned more than half of the cases.

Bad Guy Greg, says innocent player should be banned.

IrrationalNoob

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tommen View Post
Sure you can report him. Your reports mean less over time, however, when they don't agree with the majority. There's not really a grey area at all. You simply feel it should be ok to have fun at another's expense.

I have yet to see a single pro team, in the middle of the match either type, or stand up and just talk **** to the other team non-stop. Funny how they can get to the pinnacle of the game, and not resort to in game trash talk and spam. If you need to rely on trash talk, maybe you should drop it and focus on your own skill and level of play.
I was playing devil's advocate while responding to his post. Dyrus (and most of TSM) spam laugh quite frequently while playing.

My question for you is then if emote spamming is the fallback for verbal abuse of the other team....then is it report worthy? If someone is fed and way ahead and they are spamming taunt at your nexus turrets to rub your face in it, is that any different from all chatting "you suck"?

goldzioch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

you can mute your sound and character voices if you dont like it

PlsGoDieThx

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudbuglar View Post
The guy deserved his ban. Period.
No. No he didn't.

Riot added emote spamming at request of the community. Pros emote spam in both tournaments and on streams.

Since when is emote spamming bannable. Since you arbitrarily said so? Gee. All hail the great decider.

vicencio

11-13-2012

hi

teemoBAMBAM

11-13-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzd4f0Aaopc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzd4f0Aaopc

this will explain everything YOU NEED TO KNOW.

IrrationalNoob

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldzioch View Post
you can mute your sound and character voices if you dont like it
And you can mute a player so you do not see their chat anymore. Its still ban worthy.

DUDE BRO

11-13-2012

Mute player = mute champion.

Very simple solution. Pls do, riot.

DempseyRoII

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
I was playing devil's advocate while responding to his post. Dyrus (and most of TSM) spam laugh quite frequently while playing.

My question for you is then if emote spamming is the fallback for verbal abuse of the other team....then is it report worthy? If someone is fed and way ahead and they are spamming taunt at your nexus turrets to rub your face in it, is that any different from all chatting "you suck"?
Emote is just a playful jab.

Typing "YOU SUCK" isn't.

IrrationalNoob

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTECT MY BACK View Post
Mute player = mute champion.

Very simple solution. Pls do, riot.
Actually this feature would probably help a lot.

However, this does not really address the point of the poll though.

12345678 ... 11