Adobe Air Debug Launcher constant crashes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BurningTrain

Recruiter

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serioc View Post
Download and install the latest version of Adobe Air at:
http://get.adobe.com/air/?promoid=BUIGQ

Get to your Desktop via the Desktop button on the Windows 8 Start page.

Click on the library quick launch button (This gives you the old Windows 7 explorer).
The install location for Adobe AIR is typically "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR"

What you want to do is copy the entire "Adobe AIR" folder from "Common Files" to
"C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.223\deploy"

You will probably want to rename your the existing "Adobe AIR" folder in the LoL client directory to something like "Adobe AIR Old" just in case you want to revert.
Tried this after a recent champion select crash. Doesn't seem to have crashed yet, but it's pretty random, so I'll post again if it happens. Not sure why this happens, but to answer all the questions people have asked before...

Windows 8, LoL recorder fully updated, adobe air debug mainly appears on mastery screen and in champion select. When it happens in champion select, however, it doesn't kick me off of queue. I've had to start multiple games with random champions and whatever runes and masteries I had in the game before, all while starting DC'd for the first couple minutes. This needs to be fixed, league is unplayable as is.

Takehiko

01-26-2013

The adobe air debug launcher is a problem that riot seems to ignore. Try this link. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4517944#4517944#4517944

HolographicOne

01-27-2013

Here's a compiled list of things Adobe and Riot have asked me to do regarding the problem. It always points to a problem with 'my' computer. Like: "Please ensure you defrag."

Uninstall Adobe Air
Uninstall League of Legends
Reinstall

Manually patch Adobe Air to latest version of client and update the captive runtime of Air in LoL client.

Repair install. - this made it worse, until my next re installation.
Reset the administrative settings for League and update the UAC settings.

Update .NET framework to 3.5 (my version is 4.0.30319 currently)

Defrag my computer
Updated all drivers
Chkdsk and chkdsk /f my hdd
Uninstalled , and started all over with client, Adobe Air and .NET.

toweleeee

01-27-2013

I'm having the same problems. Not much with champion select but i crash a lot after games and on masteries, store, etc..

Boomerkins Prime

01-29-2013

Same... I am also on a Windows 8 PC. This needs fixed because I get 30 minute solo queue bans all the time because of this crappy issue.

asamu

01-30-2013

Still an issue. Just got it 3 times within 5 minutes...
Was about to do a ranked team 5s...

Slak3Lk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

I'm having some problems with adobe air as well though I have windows 7. The client crash after finishing a match (randomly) and now its crashing while queing

One Ratchet Hoe

02-14-2013

As soon as I get to Main Lobby, two seconds, *crash*

Super annoying

Windows 7

Slak3Lk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

ok this is gettin annoying.. now I have to re-open LOL after almost every game... Is there a possible solution guys??

Dex7ter

02-14-2013

i get crash after the game ends, and 1 time in chapion select lobby, with connection error.