Fix Blackfire please

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wawix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

The only thing that needs fixing on the item is the fact that AoE behaves like single target (not sure about it), and maybe adding an AP ratio so you don't see as many torch mundo/hecarim. Also make it so that it doesnt interrupt caps and recalls and you are done.

Other than that, l2negatroncloak.

Dominus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
And what changes are those?

What's your plan to stop Dominion from hemorrhaging players? What fixes can we do that addresses the concerns of the top 0.001% of the Dominion community that will fix the perception issues of the 99.99%?? What would you suggest we do to convince everyone that's quit on Dominion to come back? How do we message to players that Shaco isn't the best champ on Dominion? How do we address the complaint that a lot of players have of the lack of progression? The lack of game phases? The lack of differentiation from game to game? You focus on Blackfire Torch, but among the sea of real problems that Dominion has, that really should be barely a consideration. It's imba. OK, we nerf it next patch. Hell, I already did.

These aren't buzzwords. This is the reality of Dominion. We're in do-or-die mode. If you really love Dominion, then subscribe yourself to the program and dig down deep. The rug's going to be pulled out from beneath your feet over and over again, and you'll have to get used to that.
As someone who has put a lot of time and money into League of Legends, I quit when I realized that Riot would refuse to implement ranked Dominion. Keep in mind the only reason the map was released in the first place was to take away the hype of Valve's $1,000,000 tournament for Dota 2 (a game that no one had even seen footage of yet). Whatever happen to magma chamber? Exactly. Dominion was introduced as a distraction and then quickly swept under the rug. Point being, the company you work for is not interested in making the best games they can. This is why some of the greatest champion designs (in terms of giving the player a fun experience and offering a high skill cap for mastery) have come from interns. Are these the most popular champions? Probably not, but just because something is popular doesn't mean it isn't sh.it. Which brings me to the next point, Riot's first and foremost goal is to make money. This goes before player happiness or company integrity. You can try to hide behind the whole, "that's every company's goal" but that's complete bullsh.it. There is plenty of game development where the goal is to create something to be proud of and the money is just something that allows you to do that. Valve, without a doubt, is a perfect example of this. They've found ways to make enough money so that they can not only create the best games they can, but also offer them to people for incredibly low prices. When valve needs to make more money, they ship new cosmetic content that's completley optional. When you guys need to make more money, you release a champion that's got a kit powerful enough that people either buy him or ban him. In addition, you don't even have the integrity to hold them from ranked play until they've been properly assessed. So don't give me this complete fu.cking bullsh.t that you got from the higher-ups when you asked them for ranked. The amount of money that it would cost the company is absolutely microscopic in terms of how much money they've made. Would they make any money off of implementing dominion ranked? Not anything significant. And that's the only reason we're not going to get ranked. There's no monetary incentive on Riot's end to give the dominion community ranked. Most developers would encourage and support players who appreciate their work enough to take it to a competitve level. Riot doesn't give a fu.ck. Fu.ck you Riot. If I see you in real life Pendragon, I'm gonna punch you in the face and fu.ck your girlfriend.

MyDeadGrandma

01-17-2013

uhh....

Orphane

01-17-2013

Is this dude for real

konfetarius

01-17-2013

Wut

Neizzle

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
As someone who has put a lot of time and money into League of Legends, I quit when I realized that Riot would refuse to implement ranked Dominion. Keep in mind the only reason the map was released in the first place was to take away the hype of Valve's $1,000,000 tournament for Dota 2 (a game that no one had even seen footage of yet). Whatever happen to magma chamber? Exactly. Dominion was introduced as a distraction and then quickly swept under the rug. Point being, the company you work for is not interested in making the best games they can. This is why some of the greatest champion designs (in terms of giving the player a fun experience and offering a high skill cap for mastery) have come from interns. Are these the most popular champions? Probably not, but just because something is popular doesn't mean it isn't sh.it. Which brings me to the next point, Riot's first and foremost goal is to make money. This goes before player happiness or company integrity. You can try to hide behind the whole, "that's every company's goal" but that's complete bullsh.it. There is plenty of game development where the goal is to create something to be proud of and the money is just something that allows you to do that. Valve, without a doubt, is a perfect example of this. They've found ways to make enough money so that they can not only create the best games they can, but also offer them to people for incredibly low prices. When valve needs to make more money, they ship new cosmetic content that's completley optional. When you guys need to make more money, you release a champion that's got a kit powerful enough that people either buy him or ban him. In addition, you don't even have the integrity to hold them from ranked play until they've been properly assessed. So don't give me this complete fu.cking bullsh.t that you got from the higher-ups when you asked them for ranked. The amount of money that it would cost the company is absolutely microscopic in terms of how much money they've made. Would they make any money off of implementing dominion ranked? Not anything significant. And that's the only reason we're not going to get ranked. There's no monetary incentive on Riot's end to give the dominion community ranked. Most developers would encourage and support players who appreciate their work enough to take it to a competitve level. Riot doesn't give a fu.ck. Fu.ck you Riot. If I see you in real life Pendragon, I'm gonna punch you in the face and fu.ck your girlfriend.
I didn't realize Nami was so OP in ranked when she was released.

Sauron

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
Go home Dad, you're drunk.

marziparzi

01-18-2013

Dude. How hard can it be to implement ranked dominion games? I don't think it would be that difficult. It's not that they are lazy to implement it since it won't earn them money. It's that making it would be counter-productive to the dominion game environment.

Tortferngatr

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by marziparzi View Post
Dude. How hard can it be to implement ranked dominion games? I don't think it would be that difficult. It's not that they are lazy to implement it since it won't earn them money. It's that making it would be counter-productive to the dominion game environment.
RiotNome: when brackhar says infrastructure
RiotNome: it means if we devoted a week or two's time off the current projects, it's doable
RiotNome: that doesn't sound like much time
RiotNome: but it's actually a lot of time
RiotNome: because of the number of people involved
RiotNome: and how important their own projects are
RiotNome: the real answer comes down to a low population, so it's difficult to justify from a production standpoint to dedicate those resources

From dominatedominion chat.

Warrrrax

01-18-2013

Wow, who is this Dominus tard? Necro an old post, whine about BFT after it has eaten like THREE NERFS...3! First 5% reduced to 3.3, then CDR nerfed and other stuff. Now it costs 10000000 gold and has worthless MP5 attached.