Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good Zed builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerebralbore101

11-13-2012

I'm trying Zed right now, and he seems kind of under powered. I like his passive which gives him +25% extra AD, but he doesn't feel like he does all that much damage.

Threekpoints

11-13-2012

I agree he does feel a little under powered early but i've found if he is built like an adc his q and e scale nicely end game.

Cerebralbore101

11-15-2012

^ He's right. Build him like a manaless ADC. To kill somebody you use your ult, then autoattack like crazy, so that when the ult procs it does 50% of your autoattack damage. http://leaguecraft.com/builder/zed/?items=83,60,73,104,33,139&runes=38,38,38,38,38,38,38,38,38,10,10,10,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,112,112,112,112,112,112,112,112,112&level=18&masteries=1302440410313030100000000000000000000000000000000&skiller=ewqwwrwewereeqqrqq&fspells=true

Keep in mind that leaguecraft doesn't account for his passive bonus AD. So inreality he does even more damage. He crits at 1377 damage, so you just ult autoattack three times, use your Q, and E twice, and then watch with glee as they explode from your ult.

Fabs

11-15-2012

I use This Guide (http://www.lolpro.com/guides/zed/435-zed-build-guide-mid-lane-by-crs-extinkt) for Zed atm.
The guides from LoLPro (http://www.lolpro.com/) are all written by diamond/pro players (mostly from Team Curse, with some contributions from other teams). I highly suggest people read up on the guides especially if you're newer. They helped me a lot.
I also used LoLItemChanger (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=145862) to change the suggested items to the items their guides suggest. I can send you the file if you want so you don't have to spend the hours it took me to do that for every champ.

Incase you didn't want to click the links,
This guide suggests you build:
1.) Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi
-depending on lane and enemy team comp
2.) The Blood Thirster
-Rush it unless you're having trouble in lane, then you should buy 1-2 Doran's Swords/Shield to prevent yourself from dying
3.) Last Whisper or Guardian's Angel
-Depending if you're having trouble surviving or bursting people down.
4.) Frozen Mallet or Guardian's Angel
-If you previously bought GA, go for Frozen Mallet.
5.) Trinity Force or Last Whisper
If you previously bought Last Whisper, go for Trinity force
6.) Infinity Edge or Maw of Malmortius
If you're dying in team fights, or the enemy team has a decent amount of AP damage, go for Maw. Check your death recaps for this info.

Aitheon

11-15-2012

I had one practice match against bots with Zed, then went straight into randoms. He didn't feel weak to me with regards to damage at all. I wish his W had longer range on cast is all.

Fatealis

11-15-2012

zed is not a 100- 0 assassin . though its possible i would not recommend trying to do this to anyone. Hes more of a setup assassin where you poke down to around 50-60% then you ulti them E+Q and maybe an auto attack which you probably wont need . The ulti + passive with the other abilities will blow them up while you walk away.

to start i go q - w - e . I max E first so R-E-Q-W . I find maxing E for W-E combo is better for harass as most of the time you tag them with the slow the enemy runs back near the shadow for a second E as the clone mimics your attacks no matter how far you are.

I usually build below

mercs/tabis - mid/top
BF sword or Brut - depends how ahead I am.
Phage into mallet only if my team lacks CC .
Hexdrinker almost always into MAW.

lategame BT/GA

iDpark

11-15-2012

I build him extremely tanky, kind of like an Olaf build where I'm able to dive a carry or two.

Mallet
Bt
Maw
Atmas
boots (Mercs)
situational item. (GA, LW, etc.)

Duhizy

11-15-2012

i figure the standard ad caster build works best for him(brutilizer,BT,mallet,LW,Maw,GA,mercs,ninja t's) and i do agree that he feels to weak early game for how hard i feel he currently falls off. Of course with the new ad caster items this will get better so i think riot did this on purpose but even at this point in time it just feels to me that id be better off just playing talon(actually can 100 to 0 people early game) who doesnt scale any better.

Rodaku

11-15-2012

Well i've been using Zed for a while and he CAN burst someone from 100-0 quiet easily though you have to has positioning for it, his damage could be absurd when built right (almost killed varus once before my ult proced so i just walked away because i wanted to feel cool)

My build though is:
Merc treads/Ninja Tabi
(depends on my lane opponent)
BloodThirster/Brutalizer
(one or the other, its debatable)
BloodThirster/Brutalizer
(Pick up the other cause they are nice)
Last Whisperer*
(more Armor Pen = More Damage)
Frozen Mallet*
(for the health and stickyness somewhat but still... DAMAGE)
Guardian Angel
(come back to life in some of those close calls, aka: initate and kill Carry, die and team initates, come back alive and JOIN THE FIGHT)

Zed isn't that much powerful early game though his pokes with his Q are great, his Late game is CRAZY... the damage is ABSURD and... well he is just CRAZY late game, thats all i can say

*will replace one of these two with Blade of the Ruined King once its released to SR

Stratogan

11-15-2012

Check out my build for tips: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/zed-badass-evil-ninja-solo-top-jungle-263836