My biggest gripe as a new player.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryTaskforce

11-12-2012

Smurfing. Seriously. There's a difference between a new player doing well and obvious smurfing. Just played a game with a CAit/AP Trist that went 13-1, or something around there, each. Wasn'ty the first game like that, wasn't the last. The amount of smurfing I've ran into as a new player is really discouraging from playing the game because I enjoy it so much when it doesn't happen, yet so many of my games lately there's obvious smurfing going on and it really kills the mood

Nisaaa

11-12-2012

I do not understand the problem with smurfing unless someone is deliberately being an ass about it. If they are just enjoying the game, let them be. It's probably not hurting you to win.

Nidilen

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTaskforce View Post
Smurfing. Seriously. There's a difference between a new player doing well and obvious smurfing. Just played a game with a CAit/AP Trist that went 13-1, or something around there, each. Wasn'ty the first game like that, wasn't the last. The amount of smurfing I've ran into as a new player is really discouraging from playing the game because I enjoy it so much when it doesn't happen, yet so many of my games lately there's obvious smurfing going on and it really kills the mood
Hey Bud!

Though I do agree that players shouldnt just be making new accounts for the point of dominating, sometimes people are just playing with friends. For me I like to play with some new players, but sadly sometimes I have to be place with people at lower levels. This makes it so I do well in those games. But I agree, its hard to learn if people are constantly stomping on you. The best way to get around this is to get some friends to play with you!

This makes it so even while you lose it can still be fun! I did that in my early days, and we had lots of fun even with defeat.

Playing with people like friends can make this game so much more enjoyable!

I would be down to play a game with you sometime XD

Happy Summoning!

~Nidilen

Creepy4

11-12-2012

^^ A truly new player losing a lot and realizing that much of the loss is to do with somebody who is supposedly at their level actually having much more experience than them is discouraging, basically.

The game sorts it out eventually, as more and more matches are played, but it's a very slow process, and it's easy to get frustrated and quit before matchmaking can fully work its magic.

Not to mention a LOT of smurfs do deliberately act like jerks about it, and they're a lot more common and vocal, especially at low levels, than the nice smurf players.

To the OP: Nidilen's got it right that playing with friends is the best way to have fun, and ensure you have a nice team. Power through those jerks, and seek to add nice people to your friends list wherever you can find them. Many of those people will never speak with or play alongside you again, but once in a while you get a new teammate who you can enjoy the game with.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-12-2012

if smurfing is your biggest problem then you don't have a problem.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

^ Smurf you, Smurf! Smurfing, Smurf Smurfer!
seriously though Damein is a smurf

There are 4 different kinds of "Smurfs"

1. Player's who are HIGHLY skilled and will zoom passed you into the realm of other high skill smurf players. They do it for either a)"the lulz" or b) They want to start over in Ranked.
2. Player's who above average in skill. They're playing because they just got their friend to play and don't want to play on their 30. Also possibly doing it for "the lulz". You see them for a bit longer in matches, however they are mostly being held back by their friends.
3. Player's who are Average to Below Average. Most of the time these people aren't skilled enough to win games on their own, and they get frustrated at the higher levels of play. To alleviate this they make alts to play on and "attempt" to steamroll, though sometimes fail. They are also the ones that you will most often see "rage" for semi legitimate reasons. With some practice, you will eventually "get on their level" and they will eventually stop *****ing and start being constructive.
4. TOXIC MOTHER ****ERS. These are the people that have no choice to make smurfs, cuz these ****s be banned. Probably permabanned at that. Not only that, but you see them the longest, because they end up trolling and afking, and *****ing and moaning, creating more and more losses. If you garner a moderate amount of skill, you will eventually be able to avoid these players.

HarryTaskforce

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidilen View Post
Hey Bud!

Though I do agree that players shouldnt just be making new accounts for the point of dominating, sometimes people are just playing with friends. For me I like to play with some new players, but sadly sometimes I have to be place with people at lower levels. This makes it so I do well in those games. But I agree, its hard to learn if people are constantly stomping on you. The best way to get around this is to get some friends to play with you!

This makes it so even while you lose it can still be fun! I did that in my early days, and we had lots of fun even with defeat.

Playing with people like friends can make this game so much more enjoyable!

I would be down to play a game with you sometime XD

Happy Summoning!

~Nidilen
Honestly, I seem to run into it more often playing duo than solo.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

Keep in mind calling someone out, and name calling such calling them a smurf is itself very toxic and abusive. Pretty much is violating section 6 of the summoner's code, the part that is about not blaming others. Also any name calling is you directly attacking that person, and is not necessary and is most cases just aimed at being offensive to the person on the receiving end.

Gilmíriel

11-14-2012

While it is unfortunate to lose since other players are smurfing, my issue with it is that so many of them harass me since I am actually level 9, rather than being a smurf. I don't understand why you would go into a low lever game and expect all the players to be able to CS well and not miss skill shots.

TwistWrist

11-14-2012

Because they are terrible players that wanted to win some games by beating on new players. But they forget that they don't have the skills to roflstomp low level games so they complain and whine.

Just ignore, report, and move on.