You cant be serious about this ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SweatyWolverine

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxling View Post
I can't believe so many people are honestly trying to make slippery slope arguments and/or claiming the tribunal is totally invalidated due to edge cases (which won't actually get you into the tribunal in the first place btw, remember? Consistent harassment history required.)

c'mon guys, you're smarter then this.
Apparently you aren't smarter THAN this. A prime example of the league of legends community.

LittleDi

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudubansmeagain View Post
A demonstration of your faith in the system, for sure.
Because I got tired of team member trolls I went to play bots for a bit. I find the game enough to get the first win of the day done. 150ip tacked on. But lets just stay with my normal matches then. 2000+ and show them the way the system worked on my account.

MVP MVP MVP MVP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
I will re-quote what I said earlier on this subject:

I bring this up, because I think you bring up a reasonable fear:

"If I slip up in one game do I have to worry about a ban?"

But the easy answer is: No. You don't.

Everyone slips up at times. Everyone has their bad days. Everyone can be a little bit grumpy. Those are not the kinds of people the tribunal is looking for.

The Tribunal is looking for players that repeatedly and consistently display toxic behavior in their games. This player is the perfect example of this. Not to mention that he had already been warned with a reform card by the system a month ago. But has refused to adjust his behavior.

Dear Elric,

I've spent some extensive analysis on your harassment history and can determine that despite your occasional taunt as Singed, you are indeed (at this time) not a jerk and do not have to worry about a tribunal suspension.

In fact, you've only been reported in .02% of the games you've played in the history of your account.

I wonder what makes your situation so much more different from the case we're discussing?

What happens if I /laugh at someone in lane once or twice and, since they're a jerk, they type in chat, "Please stop laughing," or something like that... Am I not allowed to /laugh for the rest of the game because they "asked" me to stop, even though I had only done it once or twice?

And what if premade enemy teams report for this offense because they didn't like the enemy player or something? There's no way to tell if he was actually spamming emotes, is there?

Also, I kinda want to know how many times I've been reported, too, but will understand if you don't respond to this..

But the first two questions are serious.

Ultramerican

11-27-2012

So does that mean Riot is going to ban Dyrus? I can't remember a time I've seen him win lane and not start spamming laugh as Singed.

gnfnrf

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Presidential View Post
What happens if I /laugh at someone in lane once or twice and, since they're a jerk, they type in chat, "Please stop laughing," or something like that... Am I not allowed to /laugh for the rest of the game because they "asked" me to stop, even though I had only done it once or twice?

And what if premade enemy teams report for this offense because they didn't like the enemy player or something? There's no way to tell if he was actually spamming emotes, is there?

Also, I kinda want to know how many times I've been reported, too, but will understand if you don't respond to this..

But the first two questions are serious.
The reason you are safe for the first two scenarios is that, should you proc a tribunal case, and that game be in it, it will be one case in which one person (or team), complains about emote spam.

It will not be four games in which at least seven different groups or individuals complained about emote spam, unless you are emote spamming often enough to annoy, not just one person, but nearly everyone you play with.

That is what happened in the original case.

Shadowstorms

11-27-2012

dumb reason to ban.

Veissdrachen

11-27-2012

So let me get this straight: No Heckling allowed?

And two questions:
Is it okay to mildly jibe an opponent if you survive a concerted attack? (example below)

Is it okay to get really into the role of your character if you survive in this way?
(i.e.: "I am Irelia! Your puny CC cannot hold me!!!")

Pin Heel Surfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
I wouldn't be worried at all.

It seems to me that emote spammers have a found a way of using right-click to move and spam emotes. So, it's a constant barrage of emotes the entire time...every second of the entire game.

Spamming your emote sporadically during a game won't get you tribunal'd.

And if you notice the case in the OP, his games were all on Proving Grounds where this is a common occurrence. The map is specifically made to keep your team and the enemy team in close proximity to each other for the duration of the game. That is why emote spamming can be extremely annoying, distracting, and infuriating. I have to turn off my voice sounds every time I play PG just so I don't have to deal with people like that.

I have played about 2000 non-custom games and have never had someone spam emotes the entire game, so I'm pretty sure you're safe.

Nice slippery slope fallacy.
It isn't rocket science to bind laugh, joke, taunt, and dance to other keys, actuate the key, and then send your move/attack order.

I play proving grounds to stay away from the rage of normals/ranked. I didn't expect 12-30% of the players to be stuck up.

You should keep champion sounds disabled permanently if you get annoyed that easily. Your own champion says the sme lines over and over when you send an attac/move order.

Pin Heel Surfer

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobgrenade View Post
Gets banned for gg noobs because it's a dick move, starts spamming emotes because it's a dick move he thinks won't get him banned.
Gets banned.

Way less conflicted on this.
Read my post again. It's related to "gg noobs" in the sense that it's said at the end of my games.

Now I know that the community is made of sensitive people like you whose delicate ears can't stand to hear something said over and over by someone other than your own champion.

Methelod

11-27-2012

So, we've finally got a red post and they are STILL trying to defend the troll? Wow, these people don't know when to quit.