You cant be serious about this ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reznorist

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topagae View Post
So Phreak telling people in a Riot sanctioned spotlight to be a jerk and mock people as Singed is A-okay as long as it's him doing it eh. Double standards.
wow and that too. I have't watched the spotlight but if that is true, this is just insanity.

Syrekroth

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir Slakt View Post
Before this thread gets filled with carebears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOpT__qwjdQ#t=175

>He's spamming emotes, oh no!
Better ban Phreak too, right?

I am a sucker for the Tribunal and always side with Penny or Lyte, but if emote spamming was the primary reason for this ban, I will be really disappointed. It's just prerecorded messages that you CAN individually mute.
how is this a bannable offense?. i can see spamming as a ban but not something they can mute themselves in the options.

xTachibana

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Whether someone is being a jerk or not will be up to you to decide in game.

If you think they're being a jerk then report them.

If you think you're being a jerk in your games then be reasonable and stop.

You've only been reported in .04% of the games you've played currently. Generally players who end up in the Tribunal are reported anywhere from 12% to 30% of the games they've played. The average for non-toxic League of Legends player is less than 1% on NA. I hope this helps provide context of what kinds of players we're dealing with here in the Tribunal.

You shouldn't be verbally harassing other players ever, regardless of the circumstances. This can be especially true if you're already beating your opponent. Nothing's worse than beating an opponent when they're already down.

You want to win, and that's understandable. But we should always keep in mind that players come to League of Legends to have fun. Not get harassed by random strangers on the internet.

although it probably wont get answered, id love to know my report rate XD i once asked support but they said they couldnt find out for me so since youve already dont it twice here i might as well :B

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Everyone stop posting in this thread if you can't read all of it

This phreak thing has gone 3-5 times in this thread already. Read the thread and make sure your complaint hasn't already been beaten like a dead horse!

Quote:
Wow, this is absolutely ridiculous. If it were not for the emotes his attitude would not be ban worthy, the only thing that pushed the decision over was the fact he was emoting. This is the second or third case I have seen where emote spamming was reported. I agree with the others that have said that if it is SUCH a big problem with you guys, then you should remove it. This is simply crazy. I suggest OP reports the case to the Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org and report the case there. If you view the complaints you will see it gets handled by the higher ups at Riot. As a support I enjoy using emotes in game, and if I ever got banned for it, I would be furious. I could understand a temporary ban for harassing but a PERMANENT, are you guys out of your minds!?!?
Punishments are based on frequency, NOT severeity!

You don't get any kind of ban right away unless you're downright EVIL. If this guy got a ban, This isn't his first offense

Read the thread people, stop bashing the same things over and over.

EDIT: Also, i'm pretty sure you have to reach and be punished on tribunal roughly...7-8 times for the perm ban. Temp bans are every time after the first warning. Aka he was also warned before his first temp ban.

mrcosmic

11-27-2012

What? Isn't the whole purpose of a "taunt" to, well, taunt?

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcosmic View Post
What? Isn't the whole purpose of a "taunt" to, well, taunt?

There's a way to taunt, and to also be a good sport about it.

I believe the phrase for it would be "Playful Banter"

mrcosmic

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
There's a way to taunt, and to also be a good sport about it.

I believe the phrase for it would be "Playful Banter"
What? No, that doesn't make sense. Often people will use /t when they are ahead, or get a kill, or do something demoralising to the enemy. It's a jerkish thing by it's very nature. How is something that is designed to be demoralising be used in a positive manner?

Light Fantastic

11-27-2012

This should be a function of /ignore. If the enemy Ez keeps taunt-spamming (which btw is the most annoying thing known to man) I should be able to just /ignore him and be done with it.

AnonTwo

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcosmic View Post
What? No, that doesn't make sense. Often people will use /t when they are ahead, or get a kill, or do something demoralising to the enemy. It's a jerkish thing by it's very nature. How is something that is designed to be demoralising be used in a positive manner?
That's a taunt? No, that's smack talk

Smack Talk: HA YOU LOSER!
Taunt: COME AT ME BRO.

Most of the taunts that champions say, are pretty much "bring it" taunts. That's what a taunt is, it invokes a challenge towards an opponent. For example poppy's just standing tall with her mace/shield, telling them they should just lay down their weapons now...Well if they're dead, whats the point? They';re already down.

In fact by taunt's nature, you would never use it at an enemies death. You're using it wrong.

IS148a223fc86b1c4fb2104

11-27-2012

@WookieCookie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZOpT__qwjdQ
2.58' , What about that. In this particular case Riot, the good way to proceed is to limit the frequency of the taunt ingame (that can be easily coded I assume) and not to ban that guy who was spamming taunts in aram for 4 games. Do you realize how stupid the process in this case is ?

Some propositions:

Creating different sanctions for different offences (spamming /t is not even considered a "crime" by a large part of the playerbase, and it can't be sanctionned as hard as insults for example).

Telling people that something is wrong BEFORE you ban them when it's debatable (this case is since its 71 pages long, and it's not the only one). So people actually know what they do is wrong. You might say "Yeah but if they aren't sure it's wrong they should not do it". Yeah no that's not how it works, there's a huge difference between using something to have fun because it's lame and using something to have fun because it's wrong. That point is about the /t thing but also, for example about the abusive report incident.

Write a stupid chart or something. As much as you love the "don't be a jerk" gimmick, it's bad, and annoying. To me you're actually being a jerk by not wanting to write down the 2 pages text that would the LoL chart consist of. And to be honest I speak in the name of a lot of people when I say you sound retarded* when you answer that.

Use the tribunal system OR the Riot ban system but choose. Some people are given 2nd or even 3rd chances while some others are instant permabanned. Thats not fair and you should change it.

That may be a free game but you're making money out of it since people pay. Time is not for something like this joke of a bansystem that you have. If there are so many complaints that's not only because people are frustrated because of their own bans. Normal players start to worry about this too and the game is slowly becoming worse. I should be insisting on that point, an existing portion of the playerbase fear the tribunal.
A few simple changes could already make a lot of work done in this goal of making the bansystem more fair.

*I used retarded because I lack vocabulary, take it as something between "stupid" and "voluntarily annoying". And I'm not saying you're stupid, but that this gimmick make you sound so.