You cant be serious about this ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PowerLikeBroly

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
ignore them.

They're just being a jerk anyways.
Wait, we're supposed to ignore jerks? Being a jerk isn't a reportable offence? Oh my dear lord my mind has been blown.

But I thought that letting someone annoy me entitled me to being able to report them?

tempnameA461

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven the horible View Post
I love your logic...

my logic is let the baby cry, you don't need to go punching it.
Indeed, don't punch them.
Your hand is very fragile, so stick to kicks.

Free Roll

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
[COLOR="Red"]Don't be a jerk.[/COLOR]

Players frequently write to my team full of excuses for their case, or fearful that they're going to get banned in the future.

They often want to debate the Summoner's Code down point by point.

Is it okay to do this? What about that? What if someone else does X, and I do Y to them in retaliation? Can I get banned for Z?

And our response can always be summed up with one simple phrase:

[COLOR="red"]Don't be a jerk[/COLOR]

Sometimes player's ask why isn't the Summoner's Code more specific? Why doesn't it specify each and every action I can or can't do? But they don't notice that we wrote the Code that way on purpose.

We don't want to run a game dictated by strict specific rules. Because every game is unique, and played by different standards.

How much fun would a rule be that says you can never say the F word in your matches?

How much fun would a rule be that says last pick must always be support?

How much fun would a rule say that you can never be Rammus support because he's not considered "optimal" by the community?

Every game should be judged by its own context. And that's why the core rule is always:

[COLOR="red"]Don't be a jerk.[/COLOR]

You can say the F word in a friendly context:

You can also say it in a very toxic context:

---The key difference? [COLOR="Red"]Don't be a jerk[/COLOR]

Sometimes it makes sense for last pick to be something besides support:

Sometimes the situation can be very toxic:

Sometimes it makes sense to go with a real unusual support pick:

Sometimes an unusual pick can be really toxic:

I've seen this case emote spamming case before. And he fails the test. [COLOR="Red"]He was being a jerk.[/COLOR]

You can see in his matches that other players ask him to stop. They even do so nicely at some points. But this player doesn't care. [COLOR="red"]He doesn't care because he's being a jerk.[/COLOR]

Is he using a feature of our game which has many legitimate purposes? Of course!

But is he abusing this legitimate feature to be a [COLOR="red"]jerk[/COLOR]? Yes. He is literally spamming the same phrase throughout the entire duration of the game.

Could other players fiddle with their sound settings to disable this? Sure.

Should we expect other players to adjust their player experience because a [COLOR="Red"]jerk [/COLOR]is harassing them?

No. Never.

I even spent some extra time looking up this player's past harassment history. This is not an isolated 5 games this player has done this. He has repeatedly found ways to annoy and harass other players. That's the main reason he has a tribunal case in the first place.

Lyte has mentioned this in the past, but the Tribunal is really great at finding jerks in our game. But it's not always great at providing the full context of just how much of a jerk they are. But always keep in mind it takes many reports, in many games, by many people to even be considered for the Tribunal. The system may only pull 1 to 5 chat logs for a case, but make no doubt about it, the accused has been reported in many many more games than that.

The process is always being iterated on and improved though. And if the PB&J Team sees a need for the additional context to be shown, I'm confident in their abilities to make that happen.

way to dodge the issue brah, typical riot. Stop spewing lies to us.

Loook man it is ez to say dont be a jerk!! sorry but the tribunal does not "evaluate cases on a jerk rating". So when I say om Fing god what an amazing ult, I still get reported and punished for bad language. I am not going to get into the nitty gritting with people lijke you who are agenda driven and in denial but you sound like a tard when you espouse subjective critiera knowing that the tribunal is filled with everything from pedantic 12 year olds to pathetic juvenile 30 somethins who get off power tripping on the internet.

so again I say what is being friendly or funny to one person can be being a jerk to the next and the tribunal has proven over and over and over again they are not there to give people the benifit, they try thier dam hardest to fabricate the most inane scenarios to justify finding a reason to hit punish not pardon.

Lets use your fail logic on the emote spam..... K you suggest it is being a jerk? I find it unbeleivably comical to have a soraka spamming her taunt for the entirty of the match, joe blow d-bag who is losing decides soraka is being a jerk...

your system sucks ball and it is sad you try to find ways to justify it and dig even deeper fail logic in the process of trying to defend it.

Elric Sadricson

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxay View Post
He didn't get reported for it because the premades on his team weren't whiny jerks?
No I didn't get reported for it because I wasn't being toxic and doing it to anger people, I was doing it to amuse myself.

Spamming emotes to be funny and doing it to annoy the **** out of them and to make them angry are two different things, the ban was justified, I know there's 70 pages of posts here, but if you start reading through them, or at least read all the red posts, you'll come around.

DefectiveAccount

11-27-2012

Over the past couple weeks I have been on a slightly shorter fuse. Could you tell me how many times/percent I have been reported and how lose to being banned I would be?

Lord Gildarts

11-27-2012

Time to spam Lux's laugh

Teeth Rex

11-27-2012

All I can tell from this thread is that WookieeCookie is a jerk. What a ******....

Sven the horible

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gildarts View Post
Time to spam Lux's laugh
Oh God Why man WHy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65weTZUbMTY

ps: my favorite comment- Kill it before it lays eggs!

Topagae

11-27-2012

So Phreak telling people in a Riot sanctioned spotlight to be a jerk and mock people as Singed is A-okay as long as it's him doing it eh. Double standards.

Reznorist

11-27-2012

Wow, this is absolutely ridiculous. If it were not for the emotes his attitude would not be ban worthy, the only thing that pushed the decision over was the fact he was emoting. This is the second or third case I have seen where emote spamming was reported. I agree with the others that have said that if it is SUCH a big problem with you guys, then you should remove it. This is simply crazy. I suggest OP reports the case to the Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org and report the case there. If you view the complaints you will see it gets handled by the higher ups at Riot. As a support I enjoy using emotes in game, and if I ever got banned for it, I would be furious. I could understand a temporary ban for harassing but a PERMANENT, are you guys out of your minds!?!?