You cant be serious about this ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VeRisiMiLaR

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Klein View Post
Starcraft 2 players have been known to be thrown out of competitions for BM. Most notably Naniwa losing his code S spot for rage quitting a tournament game.
Which was one of the most controversial decisions in GSL history, and criticized by everyone from fans to other pro players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenrir Slakt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Can we have red?

Edit: aw man.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xIElianIx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-26-2012

More people gets banned atleast once, equals to less people to give away free RP in this chrismas sounds legit doesnt it? !


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clarkie03

Junior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
We're not going to remove features from our game because certain players are jerks and choose to abuse them.

We will not remove emotes because someone would spam them from start to finish to be a jerk. Instead we would remove the jerk.

We will not remove chat because someone would use it to harass and annoy other players. Instead we would remove the jerk.

We will not remove the option to be an unusual support (ie: Rammus) because someone would choose it to be spiteful and punish his team by feeding kills. Instead we would remove the jerk.

We will not remove certain summoner spells because someone chose them specifically to get his team mates mad while he intentionally feeds the game. Instead we would remove the jerk.

We will not forbid you from buying more than 5 wards because someone may choose to write bad symbols with them. Instead we would remove the jerk.

There are plenty of other examples I can give. But essentially it boils down to this: If a person abuses features in game to be a jerk to team mates, then we will not be removing the feature: we will remove the jerk. As 99% of our community can use taunts without being a jerk, we will not be making a special case for a troll because they can't control themselves.

They should just stop being a jerk.



In this case I didn't use extra information to judge the case. The case has enough information about this player being a jerk. You can see from his games that he starts from the very beginning of the match to the very end spamming the same emote over and over again.

This is sufficient evidence to determine that he is indeed a jerk. I provided extra information to those who still seemed to be convinced that this person was just having some good natured fun. He wasn't. And he's trolled a great many games in the past.



A couple of issues here.

1) We can see from the tribunal case that he wasn't annoying just his enemies(not that this would suddenly make it okay). He was annoying his team mates who asked him to stop repeatedly across many games.
2) Playing "mind games" and being a jerk are not one in the same. You can play a lot of mind games, such as by faking out a player, denying them access in lane, and baiting them into traps; all of these don't involve you being a jerk.



1. Your comparing being Warned/Banned in a video game to being thrown in jail in real life……

2. It doesn't bother me to remind people to not be a jerk. I don't want people to be afraid of being banned. That's why I try to make it pretty simple for them to understand the Code. Don't be a jerk.

3. I don't treat players as less of a person because they've been banned by the Tribunal. I've spent considerable time working with players to help them understand why they were banned by the Tribunal and what they can do to avoid additional bans in the future. I hate seeing people get banned from the game they love. But I've seen the effects that jerks have on our game and our players. If toxic players refuse to change their behavior and would rather ruin the experience of others then it leaves me with little choice.

4. The founders of the United States didn't have the Internet. And they didn't play League of Legends.



We think you can be a competitive minded person and not be a jerk. Outside the video game industry I think it's called "good sportsmanship".




I can see your point here, but it's important to keep in mind that the Tribunal system does not create a punishment based off of the crime. It works on a tiered system. Where toxic behavior is punished with an increasing suspension each time it is found.

In this player's case he had already been warned about his behavior beforehand, and he has elected to ignore the warning.

As I mentioned earlier no one is inclined to remove features because certain players are not responsible enough to use them properly. We would much rather remove the immature players who would be jerks in our game.




That's really cool to hear. I think at times everyone's tempted to be a jerk. But the benefits are few and far between. We should always keep in mind that we play League of Legends to have fun. If we're not having fun, perhaps we should take a break for a bit.



No. That's not what I said.

I said: Don't be a jerk.

If you're spamming emotes from start to finish because you like to see everyone (including teammates) yell at you and beg you to stop, then you're being a jerk.

And you should stop.

If you get personal satisfaction from ruining other people's fun then you're being a jerk.

And you should stop.

If people ask you to stop trolling, and you do it even harder just to spite them then you're being a jerk.

And you should stop.
he's not being a jerk. youre just being a butthurt little *****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Equals LAG View Post
cant w8 to see that someday u get banned for a bs reason and then cry on forum
while no one gives a f*** to u
Yes, I can see how you are a fine upstanding member of the community who is at all interested in judging what constitutes acceptable behavior.

...Or not. Seriously, it's really ironic that you're predicting someone ELSE will get banned, when of all the people on this thread YOU'RE the most likely to see a Tribunal case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

11-26-2012
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrady View Post
@WookieeCookie, you are saying that spamming emotes is reportable because you're being a jerk. So next time I see a Lux or Taric spamming their emote, I can safely report them with this logic?

Also, since you said that threatening to report someone is being a jerk, can I safely report players who threaten to report anybody since they are being a jerk (even if player b is being a jerk and player a says to report player b, player a has instantly became a jerk in my eyes because everybody on his team can judge if they want to report it or not, they don't need someone to bring morale down and be a jerk.)

Also, since you're telling some people their % games being reported, if you have time, can you check mine? I've always wanted to know, even though I always assumed it to be about 5-10%. Also, what % do people usually have that get in the tribunal? I only say 5-10% because about 1-2/20 games, people always randomly threaten to report you if you lose lane.

Edit: Before people read this, I'm not saying that I would ever report someone for spamming emotes, I have never reported anybody for this reason and have never been offended by anybody doing it. Of course it's annoying some times, but it shouldn't be ban worthy. If I find out that telling other players to report someone is ban worthy as well, then I will report everybody who tells someone to report another player. It brings down morale and everybody on your team has eyes and can read/have their own opinion of it. I also find it highly annoying and very jerk-like when people use all chat to tell people to report a player. Whenever the enemy tells me to report a player on their team and I see no reason to report the player, then don't report the player.
Whether someone is being a jerk or not will be up to you to decide in game.

If you think they're being a jerk then report them.

If you think you're being a jerk in your games then be reasonable and stop.

You've only been reported in .04% of the games you've played currently. Generally players who end up in the Tribunal are reported anywhere from 12% to 30% of the games they've played. The average for non-toxic League of Legends player is less than 1% on NA. I hope this helps provide context of what kinds of players we're dealing with here in the Tribunal.

*edit*
Hey dudes.

I derped out last night with my post and switched my data up. Apologies here, it was a bit late when I made that post, and I had a few errors.

The important correction this should have is that this is per 30 Days. Not the life time of an account.

Lyte has mentioned before, but we generally see that the average LoL player earns 4 to 5 reports per 100 games they play: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...92767#31692767

Why do we use the latest 30 Days as a data point? Because this is most relevant to us when we’re trying to find toxic players. We’re not really concerned with how you acted 6 months ago, we want to find the players who are consistently toxic NOW, and we want to remove them from our game.

Lastly, I derped out when I said you were reported in .04% of the games you played in the lifetime of your account. What I meant was 4%. (Yes, Wookiee, go back to 6th grade!) Again, I apologize it was late.

To make your state relevant to this update, iBrady, you've been reported in .012% of the games you've played in the last 30 days. Still well within what we expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furity View Post
Question for Wookie. So after all the don't be a jerk spamming I want to pose this question

For the sake of competition and winning a game are you therefore allowed, (in ranked games) to be a jerk to throw opponents off their game?

Example.
You get first blood and proceed to verbally harass the opponent consistently about their lack of skills or whatnot to the point of even employing verbal abuse towards ONLY THE OPPOSING TEAM in an effort to get them to play worse due to rage and/or throw the match by consistently feeding. Can we employ this strategy or can we receive a ban from this? I understand that we want to create an anti-fun environment, but there is also the mindset of doing whatever it takes (barring cheating) to win.

Sorry if you've answered this already but I, as well as others I am sure are legitimately wondering...
You shouldn't be verbally harassing other players ever, regardless of the circumstances. This can be especially true if you're already beating your opponent. Nothing's worse than beating an opponent when they're already down.

You want to win, and that's understandable. But we should always keep in mind that players come to League of Legends to have fun. Not get harassed by random strangers on the internet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hierarch DF

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Whether someone is being a jerk or not will be up to you to decide in game.

If you think they're being a jerk then report them.

If you think you're being a jerk in your games then be reasonable and stop.

You've only been reported in .04% of the games you've played currently. Generally players who end up in the Tribunal are reported anywhere from 12% to 30% of the games they've played. The average for non-toxic League of Legends player is less than 1% on NA. I hope this helps provide context of what kinds of players we're dealing with here in the Tribunal.



You shouldn't be verbally harassing other players ever, regardless of the circumstances. This can be especially true if you're already beating your opponent. Nothing's worse than beating an opponent when they're already down.

You want to win, and that's understandable. But we should always keep in mind that players come to League of Legends to have fun. Not get harassed by random strangers on the internet.
ANSWER MY QUESTION
if refusing to act according to ur teammate is a jerk, then what if i refuse to buy a single ward or oracle as a support, when my team kindly asks me?
although im not 1200 elo, but this almost happens in every low elo game
should every support at this elo get banned? although u can't report a bad player, but u can report them, becuz they match the definition of "JERKS", according to ur post?

And, what if i'm laning against a TF mid as a non-moblie champ (but good at farm) such as Vlad or Mordekaiser. When my team kindly asks me to follow that TF (and apprently that's almost impossible), and I refuse cuz I took down 2 towers at mid, farmed everything, killed TF in a 1v1 duel after he returned to lane and became beyond fed during mid game? So, according to ur logic, I should be BANNED cuz I'm a jerk who ignored teammate's request, even if im able to carry a game in the end?
oops, im getting banned becuz of the rage from my team? LOL


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falcorton

Senior Member

11-26-2012

so if i spam nunu laugh a whole game because i get enjoyment out of it, but someone else doesn't, i can get banned? I see some issues here

Nunu Bot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA461

Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Y'know, tourneys with prizes and the like. Even piddly local events matter more than the ranked ladder.
So this means that if you are not pro, your competitiveness matters, but less so.
And pros that are more competitive cannot become pros without believing that competition matters in the first place.
Therefore, a base, or "lower degree" of competition that is required to attain a "higher degree" (which does matter) of competition does not matter.

Is this correct?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Am Tolan

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Dear Elric,

I've spent some extensive analysis on your harassment history and can determine that despite your occasional taunt as Singed, you are indeed (at this time) not a jerk and do not have to worry about a tribunal suspension.

In fact, you've only been reported in .02% of the games you've played in the history of your account.

I wonder what makes your situation so much more different from the case we're discussing?
83% of statistics are made up on the spot...