You cant be serious about this ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IIZekoII

Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

@WookieeCookie, you are saying that spamming emotes is reportable because you're being a jerk. So next time I see a Lux or Taric spamming their emote, I can safely report them with this logic?

Also, since you said that threatening to report someone is being a jerk, can I safely report players who threaten to report anybody since they are being a jerk (even if player b is being a jerk and player a says to report player b, player a has instantly became a jerk in my eyes because everybody on his team can judge if they want to report it or not, they don't need someone to bring morale down and be a jerk.)

Also, since you're telling some people their % games being reported, if you have time, can you check mine? I've always wanted to know, even though I always assumed it to be about 5-10%. Also, what % do people usually have that get in the tribunal? I only say 5-10% because about 1-2/20 games, people always randomly threaten to report you if you lose lane.

Edit: Before people read this, I'm not saying that I would ever report someone for spamming emotes, I have never reported anybody for this reason and have never been offended by anybody doing it. Of course it's annoying some times, but it shouldn't be ban worthy. If I find out that telling other players to report someone is ban worthy as well, then I will report everybody who tells someone to report another player. It brings down morale and everybody on your team has eyes and can read/have their own opinion of it. I also find it highly annoying and very jerk-like when people use all chat to tell people to report a player. Whenever the enemy tells me to report a player on their team and I see no reason to report the player, then don't report the player.

Flypped

11-26-2012

Question for Wookie. So after all the don't be a jerk spamming I want to pose this question

For the sake of competition and winning a game are you therefore allowed, (in ranked games) to be a jerk to throw opponents off their game?

Example.
You get first blood and proceed to verbally harass the opponent consistently about their lack of skills or whatnot to the point of even employing verbal abuse towards ONLY THE OPPOSING TEAM in an effort to get them to play worse due to rage and/or throw the match by consistently feeding. Can we employ this strategy or can we receive a ban from this? I understand that we want to create an anti-fun environment, but there is also the mindset of doing whatever it takes (barring cheating) to win.

Sorry if you've answered this already but I, as well as others I am sure are legitimately wondering...

MathMage

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrady View Post
@WookieeCookie, you are saying that spamming emotes is reportable because you're being a jerk. So next time I see a Lux or Taric spamming their emote, I can safely report them with this logic?
*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Red post, in a nutshell: Context matters. Even emote spam can be punishable in the wrong context.

Your response: So I guess context doesn't matter, huh? All emoting is punishable!

MFW ._.

Feird

11-26-2012

I have a question, what if i AM a jerk, isn't this discrimination, i mean, i can't help but be a jerk, its who i am.

Yashimasta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Do you ban for matching the worst player on your team in deaths???

Dan Klein

11-26-2012

I voted punish on this case, would punish again.

For me, spamming emotes when people ask you to stop is the same as harassing them verbally. It's annoying, and it makes sure nobody has fun but the person spamming the emote, and his fun is derived from how much he's annoying everybody else. The thought that their fun is more important than the 9 other people in the game is narcissistic at best.

Dalze

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsuei View Post
Did both his team and enemies ask him to stop? No? Guess he isn't a jerk.
Yes, both asked him.

MathMage

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furity View Post
Question for Wookie. So after all the don't be a jerk spamming I want to pose this question

For the sake of competition and winning a game are you therefore allowed, (in ranked games) to be a jerk to throw opponents off their game?

Example.
You get first blood and proceed to verbally harass the opponent consistently about their lack of skills or whatnot to the point of even employing verbal abuse towards ONLY THE OPPOSING TEAM in an effort to get them to play worse due to rage and/or throw the match by consistently feeding. Can we employ this strategy or can we receive a ban from this? I understand that we want to create an anti-fun environment, but there is also the mindset of doing whatever it takes (barring cheating) to win.

Sorry if you've answered this already but I, as well as others I am sure are legitimately wondering...
This is called the tragedy of the commons, where everyone has an individual incentive to trashtalk for competitive advantage, but if everyone does it allchat becomes an incredibly toxic place and everyone just turns off allchat so they don't have to put up with it.

BTW in any ACTUAL competitive setting where you might have a chance to compete meaningfully, trashtalking will get you penalized by the event hosts for unsportsmanlike conduct. Meanwhile, if it's just ranked ladder matches you really aren't competing for anything worth trashtalking over.

Dan Klein

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furity View Post

Starcraft 2 players have been known to be thrown out of competitions for BM. Most notably Naniwa losing his code S spot for rage quitting a tournament game.