You cant be serious about this ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blutarsky Blues

11-26-2012

How bout answering the question of feeding when you just loose your lane and have certain players rage at you. I died twice in lane to a better player and had a player on my team accuse me of feeding and said they would report me. This is unwanted and unwarranted stress caused by the system in place. It is not as simple as "don't be a jerk".

Elric Sadricson

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalze View Post
Phreak's was a joke...and again...if they don't get annoyed over it (as in explicitly ask you to stop) then you don't have to worry at all.

Yes, its justifiable because he was ruining the gaming experience of other players in purpose, its not rocket science man.
Well, I didn't review the case myself, I merely came to post on the general principle that you can be banned for emotes, not on this case specifically.

If someone asked him to stop and he kept doing it, yes, he was being a jerk.

Still hard to come to terms with a ban over emoting though =/

PallasAthens

11-26-2012

The issue here is, well, it's Adam and Eve syndrome. You give them something. Tell them, 'Don't use it too much'. They get tempted because it's there, and then you come and kick them out of the kingdom.

....God complex much? Another counter example. Let's say there's an imaginary bank vault with infinite money that never runs out, leave it open, and people take from it whenever they want.. Don't say anything about the consequences. Somebody takes alot because it's there, and he's not hurting anyone else, so is you kick him out and say he's detrimental to everyone else even though it's not hurting anyone.

....God complex. Don't suffer from it.

SlumlordThanatos

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutarsky Blues View Post
How bout answering the question of feeding when you just loose your lane and have certain players rage at you. I died twice in lane to a better player and had a player on my team accuse me of feeding and said they would report me. This is unwanted and unwarranted stress caused by the system in place. It is not as simple as "don't be a jerk".
If people are reporting you for feeding because you had one bad game, don't worry about it. One game won't get you banned. Hell, two games probably won't get you banned.

You should only be worried if, like he said, you're being a jerk.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric Sadricson View Post
Well, I didn't review the case myself, I merely came to post on the general principle that you can be banned for emotes, not on this case specifically.

Again, do you think it's wrong to be banned for spamming the chat box?

Most games do ban for that, not just this game. Spamming an emote isn't much difference.

The point being: Spamming

DrUnne

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PallasAthens View Post
The issue here is, well, it's Adam and Eve syndrome. You give them something. Tell them, 'Don't use it too much'. They get tempted because it's there, and then you come and kick them out of the kingdom.

....God complex much? Another counter example. Let's say there's an imaginary bank vault with infinite money that never runs out, leave it open, and people take from it whenever they want.. Don't say anything about the consequences. Somebody takes alot because it's there, and he's not hurting anyone else, so is you kick him out and say he's detrimental to everyone else even though it's not hurting anyone.

....God complex. Don't suffer from it.
Is it that hard to figure out though, honestly? Don't be a jerk. It's simple.

Scrulox

11-26-2012

I don't even know why Riots needs to reply to these troll threads. A player needs to be reported in a relatively large portion of their games to end up in tribunal. meaning they are doing something different or special in a bad way; that alone can prove that they deserve it. People don't report for no reasons, otherwise the majority of the players will be banned. That means as long as you are normal or act like a decent person in game, there is no way you will get banned. All these defence is just there to make up excuses so that people who are being a jerk feel like they are doing nothing wrong. Riots can try to argue against all these excuses, but why bother? People will just make up more to make jerks look innocent.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric Sadricson View Post

It's really a common courtesy case, why would you do something that is annoying just for the sake of doing? Because you really can't tell me that spamming some emotes isn't annoying. I mean, if you do it with Singed is fun for you, but you do it to taunt and annoy your opponent, you do it once in a few games, its not really a problem and its even less of a problem if no one seems bothered by it, so you are fine.

The case in question though, he was asked to stop by both teams and he did it in more than one game over the course of plenty, so that's why he got banned, I'm pretty sure you are safe.(At least from the spamming emotes, dunno about the rest of your behavior)

Elric Sadricson

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutarsky Blues View Post
If you lose your lane and die a few times and someone rages at you then they're being toxic. I'd probably respond by saying "I'm sorry, it's not on purpose, I'm trying to play defensively but they're diving me with impunity now, could I get some help in X lane please? <3" and if they continue raging I'd report them not for revenge or anything like that, but because they're the kind of toxic player that I wouldn't want anyone else to have to play with longer than they have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalze View Post
It's really a common courtesy case, why would you do something that is annoying just for the sake of doing? Because you really can't tell me that spamming some emotes isn't annoying. I mean, if you do it with Singed is fun for you, but you do it to taunt and annoy your opponent, you do it once in a few games, its not really a problem and its even less of a problem if no one seems bothered by it, so you are fine.

The case in question though, he was asked to stop by both teams and he did it in more than one game over the course of plenty, so that's why he got banned, I'm pretty sure you are safe.(At least from the spamming emotes, dunno about the rest of your behavior)
If both teams were annoyed by it and he kept doing it then it was definitely a step past being a jerk and he probably should be punished or warned in some way. I'm really just posting about the general subject of the possibility of a ban over some /emotes, I don't know, while I can't bring myself to terms with /emotes being a bannable offence, when someone spams them like that after being asked by both teams to stop, maybe it is justified. Too much thought involved, they pay people for this, I'm just going to go back to my show and let the debate continue without me because I can honestly see both sides of the argument and don't even know which one is really right anymore >_>

Chocmerc

11-26-2012

Ima leave this relevant link here.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...age%23t%3D175s

Fix'd link