Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You cant be serious about this ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IIZekoII

11-26-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOpT__qwjdQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=175s
hai

FadedChameleon

11-26-2012

But does that mean I'll get spammed for spamming /laugh as singed

that's like... my signature thing cause its' fun

On a side note I've NEVER had anyone ask me to stop doing such the other players in this game are kind of stingy.

Kreyni

11-26-2012

So...spamming /l on Lux, Lulu, and Singed = nono?

Dalze

11-26-2012

Quote:
FadedChameleon:
But does that mean I'll get spammed for spamming /laugh as singed

that's like... my signature thing cause its' fun

On a side note I've NEVER had anyone ask me to stop doing such the other players in this game are kind of stingy.

Then you won't get banned...or reported...or even sent to the tribunal. As I have been saying the whole thread, it's common sense :/

tempnameA461

11-26-2012

Quote:
DrUnne:
Except that it was said he has only been reported in .02 of his games, which means it is extremely unlikely that he will ever be included in the tribunal. So no, it's not up to the community.

A majority of his reports will come from the community.
He will, on average, get reported (at least once) every 50 games.
This is not sufficient evidence to say, without question, that over a decade, he will not be banned.

Jxion

Recruiter

11-26-2012

This has two solutions (i thinks both should be done together):

Remove the jerk from the game.
"Mute" a player should mute this /t, /l,/j thing too

SlumlordThanatos

11-26-2012

When I played little league baseball (I was a catcher), I would constantly sing VeggieTales songs while the batter was up just to piss them off. I did this for a couple years, until one player finally decided he'd had enough of my **** and plowed over me while running towards home.

It taught me a valuable lesson that carried over onto the Internet: No one likes an annoying jackass.

Now, I don't mind having good-natured fun. But the instant someone asks me to stop spamming that emote, I stop. Because I know that if I don't stop, it'll catch up with me some day, and I've spent enough money on this account that I'm afraid of losing it.

That being said, I know that I'm only human. The other day, I got my ass handed to me by a Master Yi in the new TT. It was so bad, in fact, that I cursed him out in chat after the game. After I took a few deep breaths, I calmed down, and realized what I'd done. He wasn't doing anything other than kicking my ass, and I jumped down his throat for it.

The funny thing is that I have never done anything like that before, and I felt horrible for doing it.

But, I wasn't afraid of losing my account over it, because (like I said), I'd never done anything like that before, and if I do ever do something like that again, it will probably be on an entirely different game.

TL;DR, Don't be an annoying jackass, it'll catch up to you. And if you do slip up (we all make mistakes), don't sweat. Unless you make a habit of it.

MathMage

11-26-2012

Quote:
SweatyWolverine:
Are you serious? Is this some kind of troll post? Jk, I don't know why I'm asking. This wookicookie guy is the most autistic ****ing ****** I have ever seen in my entire life. All of his posts give me cancer. I cannot stand to look at anymore of them.

Please Tryndamere, as the only riot employee with a functioning brain, take control of your company. It is spiraling out of control and will eventually run itself into the ground if you continue letting people like this make decisions that impact players.

This is honestly the worst thing I have ever seen in any game or anything in life. League of legends has literally become a complete joke amongst the gaming community because of people like this RED. Little cry baby nerds that got trash canned in high school drunk off of power. It really is pathetic, to say the least.

You are actually trying to justify banning someone for spamming emotes YOU put in your game. Really? What a ****ing joke. Please just kill yourself and do the world a favor.

Thank you.

Not sure if Poe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law), because your post seems designed to incite reflexive rejection of the position you claim to espouse.

Quote:
tempnameA461:
To be fair, Wookie, you are not the one that determines if he will be banned, do you?
Isn't it up to the community?

Yep. And the community has reported him in a mere .02% of his games. That's two games per ten thousand played. Sounds like the community doesn't think he should be banned.

DrUnne

11-26-2012

Quote:
tempnameA461:
A majority of his reports will come from the community.
He will, on average, get reported (at least once) every 50 games.
This is not sufficient evidence to say, without question, that over a decade, he will not be banned.

Did I say without question? No sir, I said extremely unlikely, which fits rather well into the next 10 years.

AnonTwo

11-26-2012

Quote:
tempnameA461:
To be fair, Wookie, you are not the one that determines if he will be banned, do you?
Isn't it up to the community?

Based on a .02% record, he wouldn't even reach the tribunal i think is the biggest difference.