You cant be serious about this ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sojs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-26-2012

when i finish games i report everyone on my team and enemy team for lols


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA461

Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
It's not an opinion.

The prevailing consideration is, "Don't be a jerk." This is Word of Red. It doesn't matter if you were a jerk because you enjoyed it. For that matter, it doesn't matter if you were a jerk because you were stressed out from work or marital problems or academic troubles and needed to unload that on someone else. (For the record, my OPINION is that 'Because I enjoy other people's pain' is probably the LEAST forgivable motive.) What matters is whether you were a jerk.
So Riot is God now.
They are not human, they cannot make mistakes, and a "general rule" to live by is enough.

What matters is the reasoning.
If you don't fix your marital problems, this will probably continue, although the negativity would probably be channeled through a different portal.

Actually.. the reasoning is literally everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tanerian

Senior Member

11-26-2012

I hope beyond hope this is the guy who was in one of my ARAM's a few games back. His Dialogue is similar.

Spammed his Shaco taunt all game long, and called everyone bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bannie

Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
It's not an opinion.

The prevailing consideration is, "Don't be a jerk." This is Word of Red. It doesn't matter if you were a jerk because you enjoyed it. For that matter, it doesn't matter if you were a jerk because you were stressed out from work or marital problems or academic troubles and needed to unload that on someone else. (For the record, my OPINION is that 'Because I enjoy other people's pain' is probably the LEAST forgivable motive.) What matters is whether you were a jerk.
You are being a jerk now.
Permaban coming your way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
This is absolutely true.
However, how much a person enjoys something will affect their determination in accordance to carrying through an action.
First it was whether or not this was jerkish behavior, then it was whether or not he enjoyed being a jerk, now it's how MUCH he enjoyed being a jerk. At some point you'll realize that you're attempting to manufacture a distinction where none exists. How long that realization takes you is up to you. Have fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojs View Post
when i finish games i report everyone on my team and enemy team for lols
That's fine, it's been noted in the past that there's weight on reports based on the volume of false reports given.

If you keep doing that you basically become the boy who cried wolf.

Quote:
So Riot is God now.
They are not human, they cannot make mistakes, and a "general rule" to live by is enough.
Except most people can understand the reasoning behind it, the minority are the ones who think this is a mistake.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AHUEAHUEAHUEA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-26-2012

This made it pretty clear that this community is nowhere close to being ready for competitive gaming.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerkyDotair

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
So Riot is God now.
They are not human, they cannot make mistakes, and a "general rule" to live by is enough.

What matters is the reasoning.
If you don't fix your marital problems, this will probably continue, although the negativity would probably be channeled through a different portal.

Actually.. the reasoning is literally everything.
Within the context of LoL, Riot is god. It's their creation and we are guests in their world. We are not obligated to stay.

So... Yeah.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
So Riot is God now.
When considering how reds would judge sentencing, yes, Word of Red is as reliable as you can get. Everything else in your post was based on the misunderstanding that I posited that Word of Red represented objective truth about how the world works, so you need to start over.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA461

Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
First it was whether or not this was jerkish behavior, then it was whether or not he enjoyed being a jerk, now it's how MUCH he enjoyed being a jerk.

At some point you'll realize that you're attempting to manufacture a distinction where none exists. How long that realization takes you is up to you. Have fun.
It's a clear-cut case.
I apologize if I was not clear, but the degree was always my point.