Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You cant be serious about this ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerkyDotair

11-26-2012

Quote:
DJay Saint:
If you're PHYSICALLY harming someone that's a completely different story. He is using an emote in a game DESIGNED (by a dev consent, advertised and everything) to be spammed.

That's not even close to the same thing and you know it. He was causing no harm to anyone by spamming emotes. Mildly annoying as it may be, he was not actually HARMING anyone.

Player support or customer service tells you "just mute that guy" if you report them for harassment when they are legit harassing you. So why is it all of a sudden a huge deal when someone spams an emote, that it's no longer acceptable to mute said person? It takes the same amount of effort or less.

In one instance where someone is actually causing you emotional distress, it's perfectly acceptable to just say "just mute him and ignore him, it's no big deal!", but in another instance where someone is playing with in game emotes that do not hurt you in the slightest, suddenly that response is unacceptable.

The fact that you people don't grasp how stupid this ban is, and in fact SUPPORT it just baffles me.

Do you understand the concept of context?

I am not meaning to be insulting here. It genuinely seems as if you are unaware of what that term means.

AnonTwo

11-26-2012

Quote:
DJay Saint:
If you're PHYSICALLY harming someone that's a completely different story. He is using an emote in a game DESIGNED (by a dev consent, advertised and everything) to be spammed.

That's not even close to the same thing and you know it. He was causing no harm to anyone by spamming emotes. Mildly annoying as it may be, he was not actually HARMING anyone.

Player support or customer service tells you "just mute that guy" if you report them for harassment when they are legit harassing you. So why is it all of a sudden a huge deal when someone spams an emote, that it's no longer acceptable to mute said person? It takes the same amount of effort or less.

In one instance where someone is actually causing you emotional distress, it's perfectly acceptable to just say "just mute him and ignore him, it's no big deal!", but in another instance where someone is playing with in game emotes that do not hurt you in the slightest, suddenly that response is unacceptable.

The fact that you people don't grasp how stupid this ban is, and in fact SUPPORT it just baffles me.

1. There's only one way to hurt people online: Emotionally. And sorry, but the fact 90% of games have moderation means it's not very different at all from physical in regards to importance.

Also, it was designed to be used freely, under the premise it wouldn't be abused. The community has decided they'd rather punish those who abuse it than gimp a fun feature.
2.Again, the high volume of games with moderation, in particular against spamming, means most people and companies disagree with you.

3.Player support tells you to write a ticket even if you mute them, give proof of otherwise. Block/filter are tools for the OFFENDED, not excuses for the offender, Get it right

It's not acceptable to mute people as a long term solution. This game relies on communication, you can't just be expected to not talk to people for most of your gameplay because there's no stopping their offensive habits.

4. It may be no big deal to some people, but he still reserves the right to report in said case, and it would be punished still.

5. The fact you are against this ban is what baffles me personally.

omegademan

11-26-2012

I think what WookieeCookie is trying to say is don't be a jerk?

ZeroKuno

11-26-2012

Oh, I do want to add that it is also a ban offense to camp the other teams spawn when you are literally winning and not ending the game. That's so called putting grief to your opponents and not "I enjoy getting kills" or "I enjoy winning the game by killing my opponents" or "I enjoy being good at the game by showing off my superior K/D/A camping their spawn".

tempnameA461

11-26-2012

Quote:
MathMage:
Sorry, "I derived personal enjoyment from my offensive action" is not a mitigating circumstance that would merit consideration at sentencing.

That is an opinion, and diverging opinions would of course change how a person would judge the case.

PerkyDotair

11-26-2012

Quote:
tempnameA461:
That is an opinion, and diverging opinions would of course change how a person would judge the case.

No. It's a fact that one's enjoyment of said act does in no way influence ones guilt.

asfrdgargfdsg

11-26-2012

Spam taunt in game, that's suppose to TAUNT people, get banned for it. Use the random champion button in a normal game, get banned for it. A group of 4 troll report you in an ARAM game, get banned for it. It's just Riot logic, you don't question it.

tempnameA461

11-26-2012

Quote:
MathMage:
You're leaving premises unstated. Person A could do many other things, which means "Because I can" is an insufficient motivation to perform this specific action as opposed to one of the many other possible actions (like logging off). The typical completion of such a statement is "Because I can, and because I enjoy rubbing people's noses in the fact that they can't stop me from doing it."

Similarly, "Because I can" is an implied premise of Person B's reply, as well; if he couldn't do it, he wouldn't, even though he would enjoy doing it.

Logic 101, folks. Nothing to see here, move along.

This is absolutely true.
However, how much a person enjoys something will affect their determination in accordance to carrying through an action.
You may, for example, go play in traffic because you know it may kill you. As time passes you realize how dangerous this is.
You learn that screwing with people and making them crash is not worth the risk.

However, if you know it will continue to piss them off, taking into account the consequence, given that it only takes a fair amount of determination and no real effort, all these factors will determine whether or not an action should take place.

But now we know that there is consequence.
We didn't know. He did not know.
And now he knows and must take the consequence he was not aware could happen, and for his sacrifice, he also gave us knowledge. Amen to him.

PerkyDotair

11-26-2012

Quote:
asfrdgargfdsg:
Spam taunt in game, that's suppose to TAUNT people, get banned for it. Use the random champion button in a normal game, get banned for it. A group of 4 troll report you in an ARAM game, get banned for it. It's just Riot logic, you don't question it.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Context&oq=Context&aqs=chrome.0.57j60l5.919&sugexp=chrome,mod=6&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

MathMage

11-26-2012

Quote:
tempnameA461:

It's not an opinion.

The prevailing consideration is, "Don't be a jerk." This is Word of Red. It doesn't matter if you were a jerk because you enjoyed it. For that matter, it doesn't matter if you were a jerk because you were stressed out from work or marital problems or academic troubles and needed to unload that on someone else. (For the record, my OPINION is that 'Because I enjoy other people's pain' is probably the LEAST forgivable motive.) What matters is whether you were a jerk.