Question about very bad scores, and does Riot does with punish cases.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsugaga

11-13-2012

Reviewing a case where a player has an overall score of 2-57 in the 5 games shown in their case. The player seems nice. He doesn't talk much, mostly says "gl hf", "Push X lane", "gg". One one game he mentions a bad connection. He uses flash so I assume he is level 15+ or something, but low level combined with high ping could be the cause of his bad scores.

I personally would pardon him since he really isn't doing anything wrong, and is nice rather than raging. Does Riot just let players such as this continue to play? Many reviewers might auto punish due to his very bad scores, but when a rioter reviews the punish for a final decision, would the player be warned to get better internet or something?

Also I don't think I have seen a punish case end up with an outcome of none. Either all my punishes are right, riot changes the votes of wrong punishes to minority, or riot punishes the punish cases depending on their previous warnings/bans without reviewing the case. I'd like to have this cleared up.

SoresuMakashi

11-13-2012

There are a few factors to consider here (assuming he's not just playing poorly, which is an issue for matchmaking, not Tribunal):
Riot has said that although you shouldn't be punished for isolated internet connectivity issues, if you know that your internet is messed up and you still choose to play, you are consciously ruining other players' experiences, and it may deserve a punishment.
An alternative explanation for the score is that the account is being shared.
However, there's no evidence to suggest that he's intentionally doing either of these things, so I would be inclined to pardon on this case. It is pretty suspicious though, so I would also check out his item builds, the scores of his team, as well as any chat by other players suggesting an intentional feed.

As for how Riot handles punishes, I think it's fine. Tribunal already requires a supermajority, and is also more lenient than Riot, so it stands to reason that there are very few punishes with a "none" result.

EnglshGentleman

11-13-2012

When I am looking at a case, scores are usually the last thing I look at. If I see them saying nothing wrong in the chat log, nobody on there team is alluding that the person in question is intentionally feeding, and their build and summoners look fine, then I pardon, even if they are going 1-11 in five different games. (adding up to the 2/57)

Having really terrible scores tend to happen to poor/unexperienced players as their enemies snowball on and they don't know how to deal with it.

AlexDnD2

11-13-2012

2-57? Yeah toxic. Ban the trash.