I don't get it, why does Boots of Speed have a 37% winrate on LOLking?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isist

11-13-2012

Shouldn't it have like 50%, cause every single person is buying it?

Doctor Swole

11-13-2012

most likely check for them on final builds. and if you dont upgrade to tier 2 boots chances are you lost hard

Shiny Goggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Does the winrate judge if you bought the item at any time in the game, or if you ended the game with it?
If it's the latter, then it'd make sense.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Lolking uses end of game screen statistics.

So, if at the end of the game, you still have a Boots of Speed in your inventory, you're probably on the losing team because you never got enough gold to upgrade it.

This is also why every Tier 2 / Tier 3 item has a higher than 50% win rate for the most part. If you have one of those - that's a good indication of a healthy gold flow. Look for outliers if you want to draw reasonable conclusions without having to run regressions.

Cutty Wise

11-13-2012

because if you still have boots 1 when the game finishes you probably lost

Isist

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

So, if at the end of the game, you still have a Boots of Speed in your inventory, you're probably on the losing team because you never got enough gold to upgrade it.

This is also why every Tier 2 / Tier 3 item has a higher than 50% win rate for the most part. If you have one of those - that's a good indication of a healthy gold flow. Look for outliers if you want to draw reasonable conclusions without having to run regressions.
WOW, Xypherous replied to my post.

Unexpected.

Hornet

11-13-2012

ahahaha

Kayleorfeed

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoloSwagLift View Post
ahahaha
your name gave me cancer

BlackRose90

11-13-2012

Quote:

hey can you help me fix a problem that causing me leaves?

InertBlowfish

11-13-2012

Quote:

I love your linguistic style.