Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kunfite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I don't know if someone already suggested this (68 pages to read O.o), but it can be possible for the live team to assign a range indicator for tiamat?
For example, if i hold my mouse over abyssal scepter, i can see its range of application. This would be good for the players to get to know the range applications and make calculations for 100% effectiveness.

If this was implemented in the older tiamat, disregard me. I've never used that item in nearly 2 years...

SuPRenOoB

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Introducing Ravenous Hydra, a life steal upgrade for Tiamat. While it doesn’t enhance any of the damaging aspects of Tiamat, Ravenous Hydra allows you to drain from surrounding enemies via your life steal statistic. This can grant melee fighters incredible staying power when outnumbered or assaulting the front lines. While Hydra won’t decimate teams on its own without a huge amount of Attack Damage, the combination of the active ability and life steal will allow experienced players to gain a burst of healing by using Crescent to attack and drain multiple enemy champions.

But wait! I’m a Ranged Carry type of player. What do I get in order to do AoE damage?

Stay Tuned.

-Xypherous

]
I have a question about the active. Does the active work like an additional spell like DFG?

So if I auto attack some one I can then use the active and get additional dmg done to to them in a combo attack immediately after I push the button to activate the active? Or is the active only going to proc on the next basic attack or spell used? Or is there a 3rd option I am missing?

It sounds like it is a spell I get to use even with out a target. This is going to be nice. And a 10 sec CD even better. Hello Riven and Shy you are going to love this item.

Aqua Dragon 33

11-14-2012

Why not just have the Ravenous Hydra unable to be purchased by ranged champions? No point in having it around when that effect isn't possible after all.

Edit: Ah I just saw the red post already answered this. Shen'd.

Naonical

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Tiamat + R, Fiora basically hits a larger area in exchange for not triggering the 500 damage in the splash at level 18. While this is kind of a trade-off - it also means that stacking Tiamats and hoping the enemy team is grouped up is no longer a thing.

If you're in a ranged form, Tiamat's active and passive will not work. This applies to Jayce/Nidalee/Elise/Kayle/X.

Parley will still trigger Tiamat, as Gangplank himself is Melee.
So you took the Tiamat Kayle and literally just trampled it.... how disappointing. She didn't have much going for her to begin with with her horrific nerf back around spring. Now she once again has not much going for her being you must poke a person close range for the item to trigger.

Yay... I can farm mobs....faster...

Extremely disappointing all around and I was looking very forward to the changes being beneficial this time around.

Guess I will just have to wait and see when those Kayle changes finally come Morello promised a bit back. I wonder if that will even happen this year.

Siyanor

11-14-2012

EDIT: Ignore this. Already answered and I just missed it.

TheLastBaron88

11-14-2012

Xypherous, I think you have made my Season (3) with these Tiamat changes. Melee Carries actually being made viable again? I thought I would never see the day. Though I have to say, it is weird that you aren't allowing it to scale with crit. Crit chance is an offensive statistic which is practically built exclusively on carries, rather than Bruisers, which are already fairly strong. Just thought it was odd that you would have Tiamat scale strongest with the offensive stat that Bruisers build the most of.

Question: how does Warwick feel about these new Tiamat changes?

Peacefully

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

soo... what we'r all waitin for is, when is this going to be implemented?

im aware its under investigation and stuff but c mon! a little clue when? (:!

XartaX

11-14-2012

Holy **** on a stick. This on Sion. Activate ult, receive a million % lifesteal.

Beefstu

11-14-2012

Hurray tiamat!

Albericht

11-14-2012

I can suddenly see nasus becoming viable again. Also, hes going to be shoving lanes and taking down towers faster than master yi lol.