Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

67chrome

11-13-2012

Are any of the item icons going to get updated in the current patch? It's interesting to see ability icons (such as Katarina's) get re-worked into swankier looking icons, but from all the LoL I've played I don't ever recall item's icons being updated at all. For the most part I think they're fine, but some items - Like Guinsoo's Rageblade - look a little bit more like a banana with warpaint than a blade of raging. And compared to a lot of the newer items, some of the original icons just look outdated.

Onepnchmachngun

11-13-2012

So this will help nasus farm his q numbers up now right? I understand it wont amplify his q just the 60 percent of base damage but this might be that item that helps nasus become viable, that is if it works this way, eg I have an alright farmed q then spirit fire minions then q one and kill them all will this all go to his total farmed q count? This would make him scale faster but at the risk of pushing the lane, will it work like this?

Apoteosis

11-13-2012

Don't you think Pantheon's Q should apply on hit effects and not crit?

Dreggon

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Lifesteal is a weird statistic. That nailbiting lifesteal-tanking is fun up until the point where the carry can just sit there and autoattack you and gain health while doing no action.

There's this magical line that you cross from 'this is awesome and intense'' to 'I'm just going to stand here and drain-tank off of you because my LS is higher than your sustained damage.'

We're trying to find the right point such that we mostly get the nail-biting moments and not the boring 'Well, Jax/Warwick/Draven are just going to sit on my face and gain health because their sustained vamp is higher than my sustained damage.'
Have you considered limiting the amount of lifesteal someone can have, similar to cooldown reduction and, to a lesser extent, spell vamp? CDR being capped at 40% stops stuff like Karthus ulting continually and spell vamp is only on hextech revolver (unique), gunblade (also unique), and Will of the Ancients. So that's only three items - which effectively functions as a hard cap - compared to however many are available for lifesteal. Ever seen an AD carry build infinity edge, phantom dancer and four bloodthirsters? Stun them or go home. In a bodybag.

Kurvel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

-Xypherous "Will the new Taimat be magic damage?"

Grand Eleven

11-13-2012

Biggest surprise of the entire thread: Kayle is a transform character.

Skylark001

11-13-2012

If your still around Xypherous, will the new tiamat proc on talon's 'w' or Khazix's 'w'?

Mokkun

11-13-2012

So... Malphite with Tiamat will now be alone in doing more damage to secondary targets than primary ones?

We can all become Renekton

Side note: Tiamat as most of us use the name, is a big multi-headed, queen of dragons figure. Ravenous Hydra sounds like a random wandering monster, it's not even THE Hydra from myth (and that would need a poison effect anyway). Which I think is why there was a much earlier question about why which is the upgrade from which.

Super1Shadow

11-13-2012

One Question, Xypherous. Will this work on Fioras ultimate?

Senario

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I've been meaning to ask, will there be more itemization for Attack speed possibly using recurve bow to make up for the fact that ionic spark and madreds are gone? (I know madreds was bad but Spark was useful on some champions). Not all champions scale the best off of AD and lifesteal, some like warwick or shen scale off of attack speed and I would hate to see fun itemization like the sparks to go away.

I'll withhold judgement for now but right now it feels like plain attack speed itemization is lacking in favor of more AD so far.