Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

h 2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Well, Kayle's Righteous Fury literally turns her attacks into ranged attacks - so she suffers all ranged penalties associated with being ranged.

That's just how it's always been.
An excerpt from past patch notes:
V1.0.0.106:
Kayle now counts as a ranged attacker while using Righteous Fury.

REVERT REVERT PLEASE GOD REVERT also give me innervating locket.

Sidtz

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbaNoctis View Post
Here's an interesting question: how does this work with Kha'Zix if he evolves his Q? It passively increases the range of his autoattacks, so are they melee or ranged? Same with Fizz, he's got 175 AA range, and the default melee range seems to be 125. Wukong, Hecarim, Jarvan, Nautilus, and Win Zhao have 175 too, and Diana and Pantheon have 150. I assume you've done this right, but I just wanna make sure.

Also I never realized before that these champions had different AA ranges from the default. It just seemed natural on their models and with their weapons. Is it because of their design or is it a balance thing?
i believe he said in one of the previous post that whether you're considered melee or not isn't by the range but by a internal flag.

ploki122

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
So will tomorrow be Warmog Wednesday or Wit's Endnesday?
Let's dress a list of the next possible topics

Wednesday :
- Warmog's (Might get a change)
- WotA (Most probably got changed because they will have touched spell vamp)
- Wriggle's Lantern (Well, with the coming of Machete, this one is bound to be affected)
- Warden's Mail (I think he mentioned a change in there)
- Wit's End

Thrusday :
- The Bloodthirster (Mentionned LS changes)
- The Hex Core (We never know)
- Thornmail (The most hated item because it is terribly niche and scales on opponents)

Friday :
- Fairie Charm (Talk about some of the new MP5 items)
- Frozen Heart (Although it was pretty fine and thus mustn't have changed a lot...)
- Frozen Mallet (Same as above)

Saturday :
- Spirit Stone
- Statikk's Shiv
- Spirit Visage (removal of FoN)
- Soul Shroud (could be altered to be less niche... as in a trap less often than Ionic)

Sunday : (Sunday is the last day of the standard week, and thus is to lay off, so reworked items, small tweaks)
- Wit's End
- Spirit Visage
- Black Cleaver
- DAY OFF! ffs it's time for you to play Xyph

Monday :
- Mana Manipulator (Same problem as Soul Shroud)
- Manamune (although we have nearly all of the info already)
- Malady (maybe?)

Tuesday : (after a back-to-work Monday, nothing's better than showing new items, it'll then be the perfect day for announcements)
- Kage's Lucky Pick's upgrade
- 2nd Summoner Spell Item
- Sight Stone' upgrade
- Possible new Brutalizer's upgrade

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Are there any plans to introduce items with the same name but with different stats on different maps?

Ex : Needlessly Large Rod costs 1200 gold and gives 60 AP on Dominion.

Because right now the other maps really suffer from being balanced around SR and it pretty much comes down to gimmicky strats or pure tankyness (especially for Dominion) and nothing else is viable. Honestly, mages are so screwed in TT and Dominion that they need OP items like Blackfire Torch to be competitive (anyone who thinks it's not OP is delusional, however I feel like it's OPness is the only reason AP casters might have a chance at viability on these maps). Also, many mage items (like Witchcap) build from costly components, unlike say hexdrinker and brutalizer, which only contributes to making AP weaker for longer periods of time in a fast-paced game mode.

OJ191

11-13-2012

I'm kinda hoping that SS counts as AD for nasus... but I doubt it will thus making this -maybe- useful for fast Q farming but an item that will just need to be sold lategame due to uselessness when he has **** all AD to splash. (I guess it synergises with his ult somewhat... still).

EDIT: nvm I guess it would be OP if tiamat damage included SS with the ravening hydra upgrade.

Warkeiser

11-13-2012

Quote:
But wait! I’m a Ranged Carry type of player. What do I get in order to do AoE damage?
Quote:
Lunarian's whirlwind
(Ranged Only)
+60% Attack Speed
UNIQUE passive: Your autoattack will fire two mirrored arrows to two nearby targets, dealing damage equals to 50% of your total AD each. Mirrored arrow also procs on-hit effect but cannot crit.
Is this the item in question? If so, my question is as follows:
Will the extra arrows proc Tristana's Explosive Shot? Because if so, she is now the queen of pushing.

The below picture is an example of the above item in action.

Galgus

11-13-2012

Why was Shyvana's Tiamat synergy destroyed?

EDIT: Disregard, not as bad as I thought.

Fracture Eon

11-13-2012

Quote:
New BC is basically on-hit + on-physical.

(Yes, that does mean J[arvan] IV applies two stacks of the new BC with his passive.)
Jarvan going to be an armor shredding machine in Season 3.

darkwithless

11-13-2012

Wait (too lazy to trawl thread for post) this means no more Tiamat Tuesdays Q.Q

CynicalGiant

11-13-2012

Quote:
I'd like to focus on PG itemization for a bit after this while we work. I think there are some items that are degenerate and unfun on Murderbridge that should get Murderbridge only options.
Anti-bridge murder Armor
Guardian of Murderbridge
Sword of Bridge Murdering
Hat of Murdering Bridges