Item Preview – It’s Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiefOfPolice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Lame the last stackable item lost it's fun GG conformity

StarBubbles

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw of Time View Post
So this will basically work like Darius spin.

Malphite is a happy rock.
Attachment 557478

Holy mother of God imagine this on a Nasus
Attachment 557479
Too bad cleave kills don't add to nasus' Q damage (unless changed in S3). Sion on the other hand would love this item.

Xerónn

11-13-2012

Found this on the LoLWiki:

Parrrley - Every unit killed by Tiamat's splash damage will grant Parrrley's bonus gold and refund mana.

My question again too:

Can you have the Passive and the Active going at the same time?

General Veers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I haven't deleted my posts and these links are working fine for me. Unsure of what you're seeing - but it's not what I'm seeing.
I'm having the same problem.

I echo the suggestion of editing post 29 with a link to post 31 and a brief explanation for players (I had to go to your last post, then scroll backwards through them once I got to post 29).

imweasel09

11-13-2012

I'll be honest, I'm liking the idea of Tiamat Talon. His E placing him directly on top of his enemies means he gets another 1.0 ratio added to his combo from the active.

MandyMemory

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBob93 View Post
Does videogaming's widespread misuse of the term "cleave" bother you (although at this point it's basically a new word in videogaming..)?
Cleave means split. Tiamat deals split attacks. Tiamat cleaves.

I don't get it.

cpmd4

11-13-2012

Is Tiamat going to be an item that can be built by junglers to increase clear speed by having an easy-access build path?
Or is the reduced emphasis on AoE clearing in the new jungle going to make it undesirable in the jungle for single target champs?

Deleven

11-13-2012

will trundle's q reduce the attack of all enemies hit?

Aeolous16

11-13-2012

Quote:
The only characters that swap between melee and ranged forms are Elise / Jayce / Kayle / Nidalee.
Quote:
If you're in a ranged form, Tiamat's active and passive will not work. This applies to Jayce/Nidalee/Elise/Kayle/X.
Xypherous, you wouldn't happen to be hinting at anything with that "X" in there, would you?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
41 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Is this a case of sacrificing the awesome nailbiting lifesteal-tanking of carries in close fights for the sake of balance reasons, or is that very gameplay something considered crappy to be on the other side of?
Lifesteal is a weird statistic. That nailbiting lifesteal-tanking is fun up until the point where the carry can just sit there and autoattack you and gain health while doing no action.

There's this magical line that you cross from 'this is awesome and intense'' to 'I'm just going to stand here and drain-tank off of you because my LS is higher than your sustained damage.'

We're trying to find the right point such that we mostly get the nail-biting moments and not the boring 'Well, Jax/Warwick/Draven are just going to sit on my face and gain health because their sustained vamp is higher than my sustained damage.'