Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gitykins

11-13-2012

You're thinking too much with the "trap" items thing. You think that they are detrimental to nubs and that people fall into these traps. You think that building Ionic Spark on Irelia is "wrong" and that building Tiamat/IE on GP is "wrong" too. You try to make the game fit what you want, and THAT'S what is wrong. Those builds I mentioned earlier might not be optimal, but they're fun. An you took out 2 of the most fun items in season 3. I'm disappointed.

TrololoZeus

11-13-2012

Quote:
Xyph, can I get a hint about this?
Will the AoE ranged item give AD? Is there anything for AP's?
Think about burst single targets AP like LB, they can kill only 1 champ in a fight, so imagine her with an AoE item, she would kill us all

ploki122

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRadioGiant View Post
What is the range on the new Tiamat, is it the same as before?
Already answered, it's ~twice as big (~350 vs 150) for the proc and another ~200 more for the active.

NotBuzzJack

11-13-2012

Do pets like spiderlings or ghosts proc it? Cause if it does Tiamat Elise could be hilarious.

Epjest

11-13-2012

How much does the first tier cost now? Just curious if it would be a valid rush item or not.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Hm.. Oh I see how that might happen... that's interesting. No, this version of Tiamat applies a percentage of your total attack damage to all targets, so everyone's armor is checked individually.

No Quasi-True damage here. Sorry.
Thanks!

Xyph, I found the post, it was in a "Why is battlefury good, but Tiamat so bad?" post:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...55199#19855199

It wasn't you that stated it, it was WhattayaBrian.

mambawarrior0

11-13-2012

Will lifesteal be applied at a third of effectiveness for this item the way spellvamp is for AoE abilities?

Vires1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

All my upvotes are belong to Xypherous. Thank you for being so responsive and keeping us up to date. THIS is exactly what we LOVE when Red's do. Thank you!

Redeemed In Fire

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitykins View Post
You're thinking too much with the "trap" items thing. You think that they are detrimental to nubs and that people fall into these traps. You think that building ionic spark on Irelia is "wrong" and that building Tiama/IE on GP is "wrong" too. You try to make the game fit what you want, and THAT'S what is wrong. Those builds I mentioned earlier might not be optimal, but they're fun. An you took out 2 of the most fun items in season 3. I'm disappointed.
A: it kind of is their game so they can kind of make it fit what they want...

B: Why is it good to have trap items? Setting aside the fun parts, which they have said they want to make good versions of, what about an item that punishes noobs for being noobs is good?

NutrientPolecat

11-13-2012

Will this synergize with the new black cleavers shred, say a Renekton has cleaver he walks up and uses the active will it shred armor?
Will the splashes shred armor? Or are they magic damage?