Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CobaltCobalt

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP10 ELO View Post
I don'ti understand, you didn't created champs with aoe on-hit abilities because you couldn't code the interaction with tiamat? LOL xD
No. they didn't want people proccing Tiamat 6 times on 3 people with one hit.

Shyvana Q + Tiamat in dragon form on 5 targets.

Each target is hit once by shy for 100% damage...then 15 tiamat procs for 50%.

Each target takes 850% damage.

Add 5 more tiamats for 4600%.

CPodrido

11-13-2012

The new Tiamat will trigger the new Black Cleaver on all the enemies in Tiamat area?

Randomcivilian0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

You mentioned that the new item is a lifesteal upgrade to the Tiamat, so does that mean that there will be or could be more items that can build out of it?

SoresuMakashi

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
It has a short internal cooldown of 0.05 seconds on different targets.

Meaning that you cannot trigger Tiamat procs on different enemies more than once every 1 / 20 seconds.

You are free to trigger them as quickly as possible on the same target.

It just means that there won't be a cascading ripple effect if you apply on-hits to twenty units clustered.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO

No more Shyvana pentas?

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Tiamat's splash was never true damage - so I'm not sure how this rumor ever started. :x
I recall you, yourself, though, stating the coding was really weird and that it was quasi-true damage...maybe it was another Rioter.

As it was explained if you were melee and dealt 1,000 damage to a target that has 100 armor, you would deal 500 to your target and 250 damage in the cleave radius, regardless of the armor of the target hit by the cleave.

I'd try to locate the post, but it was made 1+ year ago and is probably archived by now =/

CynicalGiant

11-13-2012

What is the range on the new Tiamat, is it the same as before?

ploki122

11-13-2012

Quote:
Tiamat's splash was never true damage - so I'm not sure how this rumor ever started. :x

It's actually functionally impossible to deal physical damage that bypasses armor in our engine - so the quasi-true damage part was never true.
3 Tiamats, splashing for 150% AD, you resist 35% out of it, you end up receiving 97.5% damage or quasi-true damage... I think that's where it comes from (now project that on Shyvana's Q with 5 stacked enemies... free 13.5x damage on everyone, that is True"True damage".) Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it is quasi-true damage or anything, just saying where it probably comes from (an abuse case that creates damaging nerfs)

Redeemed In Fire

11-13-2012

Quote:
If you're in cannon mode, you're ranged. No Tiamat procs for you.
He was talking about Hypercharge > Hammer Form, then attack. That works, you know >.>

CobaltCobalt

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuci View Post
Quoting for hopeful answer.
No, not at all. Why would it?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
17 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
I recall you, yourself, though, stating the coding was really weird and that it was quasi-true damage...maybe it was another Rioter.

As it was explained if you were melee and dealt 1,000 damage to a target that has 100 armor, you would deal 500 to your target and 250 damage in the cleave radius, regardless of the armor of the target hit by the cleave.
Hm.. Oh I see how that might happen... that's interesting. No, this version of Tiamat applies a percentage of your total attack damage to all targets, so everyone's armor is checked individually.

No Quasi-True damage here. Sorry.

Quote:
What is the range on the new Tiamat, is it the same as before?
It's roughly 2x to 2.5x as big - but suffers damage fall-off the farther out you are from the epicenter.

Essentially, around the old Tiamat splash range, you get full damage - but the farther out you go the less damage you take.