Thoughts on Zed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iixSILENT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

So far from what I've seen (mostly as junglers) he has great mobility through the jungle by changing positions with his shadow to jump walls (similar to Lee). He has two abilities that help clear quickly, and with a red buff early he has decent ganks. I've noticed he seems to fall off a bit late game, but that could be summed up to people not knowing how to play him to his full potential. Most of the builds I've seen on him have been tanky bruiser builds and not assassin full damage builds. Seems decent, relatively balanced I suppose.

Excrempus

11-15-2012

I have seen very few people do well as Zed part of the reason because of how new he is. The second reason would probably be they balanced him around some of the new item changes and such that season 3 will offer, therefore may not be at hos strongest yet.

nintendo64

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

So far I've seen him wreck top twice lol. Not sure if it means anything. And no I was not top against him.

Atzigan

11-15-2012

When I first played him i tried jungle, he felt really slow, slower than the usual junglers starting with cloth armor. Then i tweaked my runes and masteries so I get way more speed to gank with ease. I feel very insecure with the idea of playing him at top because i stomped already 5 Zeds with jax and warwick, with no problems. Maybe people haven't unlocked his full potential yet. But as a jungler, I can say I enjoyed it he cleans the camps fast and not depending on mana is really nice.

Azerax53

11-15-2012

I think zed is built as kind of a combination between shen and talon. You can build him as a tank like you can with shen or higher burst damage output like talon. He also has good mobility with his shadow and will be an excellent assassin of jumping in killing fools and jumping back out.

Brendon12343

11-15-2012

I have only seen a zed go top for some reason. But we should all know that new champions would be nerfed after a week or so.

L3G3NDRANDOM

11-15-2012

Hello League of Legends Gamers I, what i have in mind of Zed is that he is really strong even though he looks weak he is pretty powerful and OP even when level 1. In my suggestion I think that Zed should be more buffed to make him stronger and Riot i think you should make hi Free TO play next weak because I guess Zed should be free to everyone. Everyone will be forward to look at him

B4ndo

11-16-2012

I honestly don't know what to think about him atm. I mean, I would rather have a Lee or a Maokai jungle. His ganks don't really seem the strongest imo but when it comes to clearing the jungle he's fine. As for top, nothing really special here imo, maybe he could counter some matchups, I honestly don't know. He seems really strong in mid but all champions without mana are like that. Maybe in season 3 or when people get extremely good at him he will shine but atm yea... I would love to hear if people have had much success with him.

Drakojan

11-16-2012

Let me start off by saying, I love this champion. Going top lane is meh for me, mid is pretty good, but jungling is where he shines IMO. Keep in mind I'm level 16 and absolutely fail at this game, so what I'm about to say may make no sense at all :P.

His Q: It's a pretty decent skill I guess, but not worth the energy costs. This champion eats through energy super fast, so something that does very little damage that uses alot of his energy? I usually get it once at level 2 and max it last.

His W: This is his signature move, and I like it, but either increase the range or decrease the cooldown. The cooldown is insane, and it's a big reason why I max it before Q. Learning to time his shadows is kinda hard sometimes, but if you get it right, slow them, ult, then unload... It's great.

His E: Great for jungling. Seriously, it's great. I get it at level one, and max it first. The slow is short but it's useful.

His R: Remember what I said at the beginning, this post may make no sense whatsoever. I think you should either give his ult a base damage, or make it deal true damage. I mean he is an assassin, right? It's not like true damage ults are unheard of *cough*Darius*cough**cough*.

Ganks: The ganks are great if your ally has some form of hard CC. I've noticed all I manage to do is drive them out of the lane if we have no CC.

So, yeah. I think he could use some minor tweaking, but he is in a good spot right now.

EDIT: His move speed is too low for someone supposed to run in, stab someone in the back, and GTFO.

anAmishLady

11-16-2012

I don't like that he doesn't have a good gap closer. As is, he must choose between using his shadow for slowing and closing a gap when ganking and using it to unleash his full burst by lining all of his abilities up. It's a pretty wonky way to gank...