Gold Not showing up

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clockworking

11-13-2012

wheres mah forum badge

Balvedius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post

Ranked games show the border that you earned in that particular queue. All other game modes show the border that was achieved in the Ranked Solo queue."
See, this is where it confuses me slightly.

If a player had gotten gold in 5's team, then I agree the border should appear in 5's team.

But what about the 3's players? It sucks knowing that I achieved gold in 3's team but when I decide to play a normal 3's game I don't get a border, but the people who achieved gold on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MAP get one. Shouldn't the people who got gold solo queue only have the border on the only map that was offering a solo queue?

They didn't play 3's in solo queue, nobody did because nobody could, so why should they get recognized there?

Rockaqt

11-14-2012

There you go lol... I don't exactly use the forums too much.

Anti1460

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

personnally i think it should show your highest border no matter what mode your playing. we worked hard to get them and it should show everything we play and not just sometimes

Rockaqt

11-14-2012

bumpity

Budsco

11-14-2012

Bump, still don't have anything not even a trim for anything, i know i have at least silver in one team.

Gondul

11-14-2012

Yeah, I can confirm that this isn't working.
I have silver in 5s and gold in 3s and neither trim is showing up (I do have the icons though).
In loading screen I have a different trim than "normal" (mine is kinda box-like) but I believe that is because of a ribbon.

Also, it's kinda disappointing to learn that the trim isn't for all queues since it wasn't stated on the end of season 2 rewards page:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/s...atings-changes
"Gold border on the game loading screen"

Cptnbadas

11-14-2012

You probably got gold in ranked threes or fives. The point of borders is to show your skill in a queue. So it's not going to show up if you got it in ranked teams.

buttvirg1n

11-16-2012

bump~ i worked hard for a high rating in 3s because I read the season 2 rewards page and was expecting a gold border as stated in the rewards.

Let Me Blow You

Master Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post
Yep. Here's a quote from Yegg off his Season 2 Rewards FAQ

"I had five wins with a Platinum 3v3 Ranked Team. Why don't I have a Platinum border in normal games?

Ranked games show the border that you earned in that particular queue. All other game modes show the border that was achieved in the Ranked Solo queue."

Link to FAQ:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2796322

I have a silver loading screen for non-ranked solo queu, as well as custom games and 3's.
What's up widdat huh.