ZombieRootbeer. Apparently they don't appreciate undead fountain drinks in the League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Igmarius

Recruiter

10-06-2010

I have a friend who's attempting to create an account and apparently the summoner name "ZombieRootbeer" contains offensive words. The only possible thing I could think of would be the "beer" part, but honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a chat filter block "beer" before. Unless, of course, Gragas has monopolized the consumption of alcohol in the League.

Any ideas?

Eggtart Chow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2010

Tell him to try it with a space in the name.

Warrrax

10-07-2010

It has beer twice! Beer and "bieR" ;-)

Gaimcap

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrax View Post
It has beer twice! Beer and "bieR" ;-)
Actually Bier is a word by itself. It's actually the stand on which you put coffins/bodies to be transported to burials. He has successfully referenced the dead twice there :P

SlackWareWolf

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaimcap View Post
Actually Bier is a word by itself. It's actually the stand on which you put coffins/bodies to be transported to burials. He has successfully referenced the dead twice there :P
It also means "Beer" in German. Pronounced the same because in German, the "ie" is almost always an "E" sound like in English. the only time it may change is at the end of a word, where a word ending in "E" changes things. Like this:

Mein - "Mine" in English.

Meine - "Mine - uh" in English pronunciation. The "E" at the end has an "uh" sound.

Loyaltyboots

10-10-2010

Well maybe a space will solve the problem

tempname1032

02-07-2013

Any luck?

dehunter456

02-07-2013

Huge Necro. Stop posting on this thread.