Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you think Grolla would make a good League of Legends Champion?

Yes 15 55.56%
No (please post why) 6 22.22%
Maybe 6 22.22%
Voters 27 .

[YOUSOGREAT CONCEPT] Grolla, the Cursed Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

joe42

11-19-2012

i voted no in the poll and heres why.

well, the champs B skill is too..........OP.
B: teleport to base????

B too op. nerf dis nooby champ to death suckas

Yousonerfed

11-19-2012

Quote:
joe42:
i voted no in the poll and heres why.

well, the champs B skill is too..........OP.
B: teleport to base????

B too op. nerf dis nooby champ to death suckas

Oh wow, that is soooooooooo helpful...

...not.

Troll somewhere else, please.

Yousonerfed

11-21-2012

Added in quotes for Grolla.

Yousonerfed

11-26-2012

Bump?

Yousonerfed

12-04-2012

Season 3 update. Also got part of the meta-game section up.

Darkdingus

12-07-2012

Shroud of Death's damage seems rather high, even for a DoT...
Base Magic Damage per second: 25/35/45/55/65 (+0.2AP)
Max Magic Damage: 200/280/360/440/520 (+1.6AP)

Compare this to Malz's
20/35/50/65/80 (+0.2)

Yours: doesn't cost mana (i.e: Claiming Malz's restores his mana is a moot point)
- Deals slightly higher damage at lower levels, and slightly lower at higher
- Increases in effectiveness as the character is damaged
- AoE's much better
- Shields the user
- Is melee range (only real flaw)

Here are a few suggestions to balance it out:
- Halve the AP factor of the damage part. (so it starts at half the effectiveness of Malz's, but ends at twice)
- Remove the "less HP, more effect" mechanic.
- Make the shield a "Dot Shield", that drains part of the damage it deals (20%?) to gain it as a shield.

No tweaking needed for the other skills after preliminary reading.

Yousonerfed

12-07-2012

Quote:
Darkdingus:
Shroud of Death's damage seems rather high, even for a DoT...
Base Magic Damage per second: 25/35/45/55/65 (+0.2AP)
Max Magic Damage: 200/280/360/440/520 (+1.6AP)

Compare this to Malz's
20/35/50/65/80 (+0.2)

Yours: doesn't cost mana (i.e: Claiming Malz's restores his mana is a moot point)
- Deals slightly higher damage at lower levels, and slightly lower at higher
- Increases in effectiveness as the character is damaged
- AoE's much better
- Shields the user
- Is melee range (only real flaw)

Here are a few suggestions to balance it out:
- Halve the AP factor of the damage part. (so it starts at half the effectiveness of Malz's, but ends at twice)
- Remove the "less HP, more effect" mechanic.
- Make the shield a "Dot Shield", that drains part of the damage it deals (20%?) to gain it as a shield.

No tweaking needed for the other skills after preliminary reading.

Remember, in order to get that massive damage on Shroud of Death, Grolla has to be at less than 1% of her health. REALLY risky.

But you are right, it could stand to be a tad weaker. I'd like for Grolla to remain deadlier while low on health, though, so I'll probably lower its AP ratio.

Darkdingus

12-08-2012

The CD on both skills is similar (Malz's starts a bit higher, but gets lower as he levels the skill)

So, if I follow the math, a Grolla with 50% health (for a bruiser, far from being in any danger) will deal twice Malz's damage in an AoE and shield the champion. (Remember, Malz's only AoEs if he actually kills things over and over again with it)

I like the idea, it sounds rather nice. I also like the character concept of soul collector.

Here's an idea: Make the skill a toggle that costs health and souls in order to shield Grolla.

"Deals damage in an AoE that gets higher as Grolla's health gets lower. When toggled, and every 10 seconds afterwards, if Grolla has a Soul in reserve, 20% of the damage dealt for the next 4 seconds adds as a stackable shield that lasts 2 seconds."
- Make the graphics look like flames that seem to sear through Grolla when normally applied, and burning souls when the shielding effect is taking place.
- Cost identical to Mundo's W.

Yousonerfed

12-08-2012

Quote:
Darkdingus:
The CD on both skills is similar (Malz's starts a bit higher, but gets lower as he levels the skill)

So, if I follow the math, a Grolla with 50% health (for a bruiser, far from being in any danger) will deal twice Malz's damage in an AoE and shield the champion. (Remember, Malz's only AoEs if he actually kills things over and over again with it)

I like the idea, it sounds rather nice. I also like the character concept of soul collector.

Here's an idea: Make the skill a toggle that costs health and souls in order to shield Grolla.

"Deals damage in an AoE that gets higher as Grolla's health gets lower. When toggled, and every 10 seconds afterwards, if Grolla has a Soul in reserve, 20% of the damage dealt for the next 4 seconds adds as a stackable shield that lasts 2 seconds."
- Make the graphics look like flames that seem to sear through Grolla when normally applied, and burning souls when the shielding effect is taking place.
- Cost identical to Mundo's W.

Ooh, I like that toggle idea. High risk in that you can burn up your resource fast, as well as your health, high reward in damage and shielding.

Definitely will consider it.

Gruntala

12-08-2012

I like the concept, and the lore is rammus (ok). I'm not sure about the item though. It seems OP, but at the same time doesn't give you any stats.

The only thing I really don't like is the fact that it's to easy to gain and keep souls. Maybe have a soul gain every 20-30 seconds, CD reduced by CDR, 2 secs per minion, and 4 secs per kill/assist? The soul gem could be changed from the gem recgarge stuff to 10% CDR w/ the +1 soul cap and on-hit damage. And you could change it so that some abilities cost 2 or 3 souls to empower. It would make it more of a decision of when to use your abilities, similar to Renekton's Fury or Rengar's Ferocity. Keep in mind that champions that can empower abilities (Karma, Renekton, Rengar) can't use empowered ones all the time.

Overview:
Change on kill soul gain to CD based soul gain
Remove soul gain when you have no souls
Increase soul cost to empower abilities
Add CD to item