Lulu vs Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veracious Embers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I am looking to main Lulu this season as I am a support main and she can hold her own in games better than my old favorite Soraka. My biggest problem is the op early game support taric. I am wondering what is the best way to go about controlling him before getting zoned?

TheUnburned

11-13-2012

Just played a game as LuLu (with Ez) against a Taric-Graves lane. The first step is to get Dragon Trainer LuLu because Dragons are truly outrageous. Thus psyching Taric out because his gems simply can't compete.

Second step is merely to show your dominance. Control the bushes. Take your best poke masteries/runes (preferably some mana regen runes and a 9-0-21 mastery tree), and harass him out. LuLu is actually great against Taric, because she can prevent burst quite easily with her Whimsy. Simply shield your AD and Whimsy the enemy AD if Taric lands a stun (try to save your whimsy for this occasion).

While you should avoid getting stunned, don't let this zone you and your AD out of lane. Thanks to LuLu, getting stunned in a Taric-Ez/Graves lane isn't an immediate death sentence, and the best option is to simply turn it around on them. Biggest problem I had was my AD not committing enough because he was scared of the Taric stun. So make sure you instill confidence in your AD by saving his sorry ass.

Another good trick: If you see Taric going into the bush, hit him with Help! Pix (your shield). This grants temporary vision on the enemy, so he can't hide in the bush. You and your AD can then simply poke him out before he gets settled and comfy. Shove some Glitterlances up his rear end.

Glitterlance is also a good way to stop Taric from going in for a stun, thanks to the slow. You could Whimsy him, but it's generally a better idea to use it when your AD is actually stunned. (Otherwise, Taric will just stun once the silence wears off, and you'll have to burn your ult saving your AD).

YOU are the boss of your lane.

Krukbrosky

11-15-2012

I main Taric and have recently tumbled down the rabbit hole over Lulu and I must say that the biggest advantage she has over him is mana. Force Taric to burn heals and bait out ineffective stuns to sap his mana pool dry. Poke his adc to death and soon you will force them both to play very passive indeed.

Use glitterlance to your advantage to keep Taric at bay after he lands a stun as well. Nothing will cause your carry to melt faster than a full combo by Taric followed by aa from his adc. So do your best to poke and make him spam those heals so he cant play offensively.

Etherimp

11-15-2012

wait for Taric to stun your AD carry and then Polymorph their AD carry. Since neither damage source can do damage, it's a draw and your carry goes back to farming. Easy.