You can now get banned for using character emotes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hearts Grow

11-13-2012

Someone is allowed to call him a ****** but then Poppy gets banned wtf?

JesterTheJoker

11-13-2012

Look... first let me just say that this shouldn't be a banned thing, that being said, why would you spam emotes except to annoy people, and in that respect don't do it.. I mean its one of those things where sure, you aren't harming anyone, but its just a dick'ish thing to do. You force people to turn their sound off so they perhaps miss pings and can't play as well. There is zero reason to do it other than to bother the other players.

McLovin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerek View Post
Kog'Maw [00:07:25] gay
Kog'Maw [00:07:51] ya
Kog'Maw [00:07:55] noob akali

just saying, that's breaking the rules so... yeah
I was Akali, he was Kog maw. It has been said many times that we were just playing around. His mic didn't work in mumble so he typed things he would have said on mumble. and I responded on mumble, hence no typing by Akali, who was me.

Town Park Radio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malpraktis View Post
ROFL!!@!@! Banned for emotes, oh man this just keeps getting better and better.

You just got TROLLbunaled. And people still think its a great system working as intended LOL!!.
Seems to me like it is. A toxic player was removed. The Summoner's Code absolutely DOES state what is wrong with this, to wit:"Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense". If they have to stop playing and mute you, you have caused them expense of time and disrupted their fun. You weren't banned for using emotes, you were banned for spamming them. There's a huge difference.

Stayer

11-13-2012

Yikes. Literally time banned for spamming emotes in aram... I do that all the time. Who hits ban for this? Every time I spam for a while, someone else spams back, or they laugh when I get killed cuz I'm busy being outrageous. I've been annoyed by veigar spam before, but I had no idea this actually made so many people report. Ridiculous people...

This is truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Alexandra Avdey

11-13-2012

You can also get banned for using team chat and movement clicks.

What's so shocking about that?

Stayer

11-13-2012

For using team chat? You mean where you can tell people to kill themselves and cuss them out nonstop (yeah, they can mute, but that's beside the point)? Or movement clicks...like walking into their turrets over and over? I hope you're trolling, cuz if you're serious.... I've always felt like the people spamming emotes are just being clowns. I never imagined they would be reported, much less by 6 people, much less punished by tribunal, much less time banned by riot.

Let me guess, I'm gonna get banned for spamming emotes that look funny next (I wish there was a better way to screen for this before purchasing other than freeweeks...this is important to me lol).

Koben

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVERworld View Post
I was Akali, he was Kog maw. It has been said many times that we were just playing around. His mic didn't work in mumble so he typed things he would have said on mumble. and I responded on mumble, hence no typing by Akali, who was me.
well then 3 things.

1) there is no way to tell that you two know each other and it was "friendly", from a bystander's perspective he was being rude, thus punishable, so a mistake. (also clearly someone on your team was not aware of this either so from their view he was breaking the code)

2) saying "gay" is punishable, even if that seems like it shouldn't be, it is. when you look at these cases demanding Riot overturn them, you need to be aware that Riot will hold you to every rule (even ones you were not reported for), and if you break any of them they will consider it a just ban.

3) this is a minor technicality and would require a red response, but the 4th part of the summoners code is "Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense", which one could consider spamming laugh is violating this part.

Shiny Swinub

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerek View Post
Kog'Maw [00:07:25] gay
Kog'Maw [00:07:51] ya
Kog'Maw [00:07:55] noob akali

just saying, that's breaking the rules so... yeah
Get off the forums. You're one of those people who can't take a single joke and probably feed.
+1, unban this guy.

MDaak

11-13-2012

lol banned for emotes..