You can now get banned for using character emotes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsupport7346

11-13-2012

Hello, my name is apologist.

Using emotes can get you banned.

Tribunal working as intended.

Redjik

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsupport7346 View Post
Don't mind him, he's a well known apologist of the Tribunal forum section.

Everyone with a brain knows this just got random punished as many other cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsupport7346 View Post
Hello, my name is apologist.

Using emotes can get you banned.

Tribunal working as intended.
Love you too, buddy.

PlsGoDieThx

11-14-2012

Bump for justice. Riot y u no?

Natasha Wong

11-14-2012

i lold...

Too many TrollBunal people out there.

I told ya people do unfairly get banned because of ignorant judges many times...

Riot needs to remove the tribunal because the 3+ Threads on the same matter on the google search engine across multiple gaming communties does not look good on them especially with the kind of conduct I have seen in some games and im not just talking about cursing or such.

Riot needs to actually have all reports go directly to them and add automated ban systems for people who swear and such. Enforce it themsevles.

Clinkz Eastwoood

11-14-2012

wow i left for work expecting to miss some awesome red comments...
9 hours later... still nothing, what a rip off.

Armageddon2099

11-14-2012

A red needs to comment on this. Like now. This is ridiculous and needs to be cleared up immediately. Is this what the tribunal was made for? To remove the oh-so-toxic summoners who dare to use the in game emotes given to them, especially when you can mute these emotes if they are that annoying? Nevermind the racist, raging, leaving, scumbag players that actually deserve a ban. This is why we hate the tribunal. You can be reported for doing anything in game and you actually risk a ban. Reminds me of that guy who got banned just for doing bad in a co-op vs. ai game.

Jayrune

11-14-2012

So seriously, the ban isn't for using the emotes, it's for spamming the emotes. Key difference.

Pop the joke emote after a kill? no prob, cool. Pop the emote perpetually, you're deliberately trying to piss someone off, and oh look, it worked, several times in fact.

Yeah, deliberately trying to piss someone off will get you tribunal banned, cause the summoner's code is vague enough to allow that.

If you disagree with the outcomes, then get in there and vote on cases. That's what it's for

Armageddon2099

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrune View Post
So seriously, the ban isn't for using the emotes, it's for spamming the emotes. Key difference.

Pop the joke emote after a kill? no prob, cool. Pop the emote perpetually, you're deliberately trying to piss someone off, and oh look, it worked, several times in fact.

Yeah, deliberately trying to piss someone off will get you tribunal banned, cause the summoner's code is vague enough to allow that.

If you disagree with the outcomes, then get in there and vote on cases. That's what it's for

This would fly, except for the fact that there is an option to mute emotes in the options. That's the same reasoning they have for not arguing with people for raging at you. Don't like them? Mute them. Don't like the emotes being spammed? Mute the emotes for the game. This frivolous **** shouldn't be clogging up the tribunal, let alone passing with a majority punish.

Also, you're full of it if you think people don't just spam punish on cases that seem to be even minor infractions.

LeagueUniversity

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrune View Post

"Popping the taunt emote after a kill" is the same as doing it perpetually; you are trying to get under your opponents skin, after all, taunt is defined as a remark made in order to anger, wound, or provoke someone.

If you get banned for spamming taunts, you should get banned for using taunts at all, because to some players, it pisses them off.

Jayrune

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddon2099 View Post
This would fly, except for the fact that there is an option to mute emotes in the options. That's the same reasoning they have for not arguing with people for raging at you. Don't like them? Mute them. Don't like the emotes being spammed? Mute the emotes for the game. This frivolous **** shouldn't be clogging up the tribunal, let alone passing with a majority punish.

Also, you're full of it if you think people don't just spam punish on cases that seem to be even minor infractions.
And as stated before, muting a person does not excuse their behavior, you are advised to mute the offender then report them. Same thing would apply here.

And i know people don't just spam punish on cases that seem to be even minor infractions, because i look at my tribunal history and see the minor infractions i come across get overwhelming majority pardons.