You can now get banned for using character emotes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pin Heel Surfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-13-2012

Hi.

I am the person who received the time ban from this case. Thank you all for your support.

Something frequently brought up is my behavior in game #4.
Again. Akali is my friend, UVERworld. He posted on this thread earlier and lyte will be able to verify this if we can get his attention.

Lyte bait here we go:
@lyte
@riotlyte
riotlyte
lyte

SUMMON!

Pin Heel Surfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
There's a certain kind of player who thinks to himself "Hey, how can I annoy people and make the game less fun for everyone without getting punished?". That's the kind of player who spams taunt all game. And we really don't care whether it's against the code explicitly or not...the intent of that player is clearly to detract from the experience of others.

So we know his intent is blatantly toxic. And we know his behavior is consistently disruptive, we have large numbers of reports from multiple games saying the exact same thing. That means a ban.

You kids need to calm down. Have a glass of milk or something. This is being handled, and it's being handled correctly. Don't worry your empty little heads about it.
Some people find joy in it. I get it, you think that listening to something on loop is the worst thing that can ever happen in your life. Just disable character sounds and move on. Your character says the same things over and over when you give attack/move commands anyway.

Also, I make the game less fun for the enemy team by winning. Is that reportable?

ReDNeCk MinOTauR

11-13-2012

This is so wrong, why oh why the ban, this is just not RIGHT!!

Snailygoat

11-13-2012

Bump

Would like a Red on this one.

Patroks

11-13-2012

Da **** Riot? How does this get banned?

Co Anchor

11-13-2012

Lift the ban

CallMeAustino

11-13-2012

Singed; Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

c0ltron

11-13-2012

Tribunal failed you pretty hard here. I hope you get your ban lifted and some kind of kicker as an apology

Layla

11-13-2012

Is this serious? If so, this is disgusting. Ban the people who voted punish from the tribunal.

Dat Asian Gurl

11-13-2012

The reason it's punishable is because even IF you ignore the person doing them, it won't ignore the emotes.

And playing without sound is just asking for a handicap. You shouldn't have to make your opponents AND your teammates pissed off just because you think something is funny to do and you laugh your ass off doing it.

EDIT: Weird, my previous edit message didn't go through. What I'd said before was "I didn't know you could turn off character sounds. Still, it's annoying as hell to have to DO something just so SOMEONE ELSE doesn't bother you."

I personally wouldn't punish for it, but it's annoying as **** and if you did it for the ENTIRE game, others might punish for a warning.