@Lyte, I'd enjoy the game more if your standards for behavior were relaxed a bit.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tribunalconsp

11-13-2012

Welcome to the tribunal forums, where great threads come to die.

Jamie98s

11-13-2012

They are trying to force some type of faux utopia where everything is positive at all times, but they dont realize life isnt like that, especially on the internet. The worst is when I saw lyte say they ban now for simply being non-offensive but "Passive Aggressive". Its such a fine line you have to walk now, because as I have learned even if you dont curse or verbally abuse or break the TOS in anyway you can still be banned for simply receiving reports now, with no reason given.

NotyourWaifu

11-13-2012

This is my biggest problem is getting "baited" by trolls and losing my cool =\

I have a feeling I was reported today because in a game, we were very very far behind and a giant creep wave was heading for my lane turret so I wen't to kill them..and while I was doing that the Katarina and Darius on my team decided to go into a 2v5..they died naturally but after that they decided to blame it on me because I wasn't there to die with them. They started saying that its my fault they are losing even though I had the least amount of deaths on the team they said they are going to report me. I lost my cool because I didn't even do anything wrong and here I was about to get reported and probably banned for it..so I said some pretty insulting things to them and I also started trying to fight the enemy team instead of trying not to die and then it escalated to them reporting me for feeding even though after 4 deaths I still had 4 less than the both of them.

It just seems like I'm always on thin ice when I try to play a game no matter what happens or what I do I am on the verge of being reported and banned. I really hope the people on the tribunal read the chat log and understand what happened in that report case..

TrolImanship

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribunalconsp View Post
Welcome to the tribunal forums, where great threads come to die.
I don't know why this was downvoted, it's true.

vulgarwolf

11-13-2012

if only you couldp unish people on the forums and it counted in game..perfect example

love how in first sentence says they are an adult and dont rage...how did u get banned then ???

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

"I lost my cool because I didn't even do anything wrong and here I was about to get reported and probably banned for it..so I said some pretty insulting things to them"

So. People have publicly stated their intention to report you, and you decide to immediately begin doing reportable things? What?

OP, we want a game where we can play and not be harassed by others for every mistake. Yes, we're all adults here(or at least, many of us are). That doesn't mean we want to be subjected to abuse. Alot of the people I see raging about Tribunal judgments on this forum seem to have some expectancy that they should be allowed to rage at their teammates when the matchmaking system "fails" and they're grouped with "bads". People need to get it through their heads that matchmaking is ideally supposed to ensure that you win 50% of the time, which also means you lose 50% of the time. This means that you can't expect all of the good players to be on your team, and all of the bad players on the other team, because that would be absolute failure of the matchmaking system. This in turn means that sometimes, you'll have players on your team that are below the average skill level for the match as a whole, which means they will do poorly.

That is how the game is intended to work.

Raging at these players is entirely unjustified and cannot be tolerated. Odds are, *you* will be that player in some percentage of your games. When you are, do you want your teammates to **** on you when you make mistakes? Or do you want them to be understanding of what's happening, and make an effort to help your lane and maintain your team chemistry so you can still win the game?

Seems to me the answer is obvious... and it shouldn't be one sided. Don't expect it if you're not willing to do it. Calm down, chill out, and help your teammates. If someone gives you ****, realize that they're a dumb**** that doesn't understand teamwork and team chemistry, but for the love of god don't tell them so. Just be polite and keep playing the game as best you can.

NotyourWaifu

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
"I lost my cool because I didn't even do anything wrong and here I was about to get reported and probably banned for it..so I said some pretty insulting things to them"

So. People have publicly stated their intention to report you, and you decide to immediately begin doing reportable things? What?
Yes, people publicly stated their intention to report me for not getting caught out in the jungle with them and I got upset. Weird how humans have emotions huh?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

My point is, if you know you're going to be reported, why start doing things that will ensure a Punish verdict? Why not continue playing as usual, and let them send a false report?

If someone tells me they're going to report me, I don't suddenly start cursing at them, blaming my teammates, feeding, selling my inventory and replacing it with boots, and otherwise doing things that will look bad in the Tribunal. Why would you? If there was nothing worthy of a report in the first place, why not keep it that way?

vulgarwolf

11-13-2012

when people threaten to report simply wish the mall teh best and get on with the game, adding fuel to the fire doesnt help you

NotyourWaifu

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
My point is, if you know you're going to be reported, why start doing things that will ensure a Punish verdict? Why not continue playing as usual, and let them send a false report?

If someone tells me they're going to report me, I don't suddenly start cursing at them, blaming my teammates, feeding, selling my inventory and replacing it with boots, and otherwise doing things that will look bad in the Tribunal. Why would you? If there was nothing worthy of a report in the first place, why not keep it that way?
Thats why I said its my biggest problem. Getting baited by trolls into getting upset and thus getting reported. I didn't do any of those things either. I still played except I followed them into teamfights and since they were ahead continued to die with them and get accused of feeding. I have a feeling there are others like me but those people are probably the ones who just mute everyone in the game to avoid getting baited..and that's probably what I'll start doing too. At least I can still see pings and the minimap.