@Lyte, I'd enjoy the game more if your standards for behavior were relaxed a bit.

12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Futurecat

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxie View Post
You have to have consistently bad behavior before you end up in the tribunal. Getting baited by trolls every 15th game or whatever will never land you in the tribunal. Even then, you would most likely get a warning as your first punishment. If you get banned after that, the problem is not the trolls.
I havent been banned, but I got a warning for the case you see in the reform card I linked. Did you look at it? If my behavior there deserves a "punish," the system is broken.

And, it turns out, the system is in fact broken.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ielts7

Member

11-13-2012

You are not alone but they won't listen it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taikero

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
Do you really believe that?

Players run that league. If a Lebron or Wade or Howard or any of the others are going to whine to a ref while the ball's in transition they aren't getting pulled. If they get pulled they get their coaches fired. The coach will call a time out and ask them politely to stfu, but at the end of the day if a player doesn't like a coach, they get fired.
Yes, I've seen coaches pull players out of a game for acting like brats. Just because LeBron's coach doesn't have the gumption to do it doesn't mean real coaches don't act on their players' inappropriate behavior.

Fortunately enough as well, League players as a general whole don't have coaches they can bully, so it doesn't matter. The point is, play the game, don't sit around and complain.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurecat View Post
Today it feels like if you call someone a "jerk" or a "moron", even in the context of being verbally abused by them, or if you have a bad lane and go 0/4, you get a million "OMG YOU VIOLATED THE SUMMONERS CODE PUNISH PUNISH PUNISH PUNISH PUNISH" votes. I understand the rules of the game, and I can modify my behavior to toe the line. But I'd enjoy the game more if I wasn't constantly feeling like the slightest misstep will land me in tribunal.
It won't. I personally admit that I've actually made a few missteps myself, usually games where I get really exasperated because we're getting owned and my team won't face facts, stop wasting my time and surrender. I'm sure I've even been reported a few times. But I've never received even so much as a warning, so I assume my behavior is at worst borderline. The Tribunal is not the bench of hanging judges looking to send you to the chair for jaywalking that you seem to imagine it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dat Asian Gurl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxie View Post
You have to have consistently bad behavior before you end up in the tribunal. Getting baited by trolls every 15th game or whatever will never land you in the tribunal. Even then, you would most likely get a warning as your first punishment. If you get banned after that, the problem is not the trolls.
This.

After the first few times of falling for troll bait, you should really assess things yourself:

Do you want to argue with this person and ruin your teammate's game, risking a loss AND possibly a ban/send to tribunal?

OR

Do you want to get the game over with, act like an adult and ignore their attempt to warmonger, and carry on?


Emote spamming is annoying as ****, btw. Even if you ignore the player's chat, you can't ignore their emotes. Don't do that ****.

EDIT: Thought I'd add something in. Lawdie lawd, I said this in the last "TRIBUNAL IS FLAWED, PITCHFORKS GENTLEMEN!!!!" thread.

Do you think the Tribunal is going to be 100% correct all the time? Like the justice system in America, it will never get every single case it gets right 100%. If you're expecting this, then you must expect machines to work at 100% efficiency, right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mxie

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurecat View Post
I havent been banned, but I got a warning for the case you see in the reform card I linked. Did you look at it? If my behavior there deserves a "punish," the system is broken.

And, it turns out, the system is in fact broken.
Yes, I did. The "STFU moron" in case 2 is what got you the punish. There is no legitimate reason to say that. And the fact that you got into the tribunal at all meant that you had been reported many times prior to this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Futurecat

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soifon View Post
Bolded this and now I ask. Why aren't you trying to get Froggen and 9/10th's of the professional players banned? They constantly **** talk each other. Riot wants to push this game onto the world as an e-sport? Ribbing, back and forth, and flat out **** talk to get into your opponents head happens in a ton of sports.
There's a huge difference between ribbing, even competitive ****-talk, and actual verbal abuse.

Of course, the Tribunal now sees absolutely no distinction whatsoever and will cheerfully "punish" both.

I *want* ****-talk in my games, because you know what? Even if I don't like being called on my mistakes, I'm grown up enough to handle it. And then, if its allowed so long as it doesn't cross the line into actual abuse, I don't have to walk on eggshells every time I press "enter" while I play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
Yes, I've seen coaches pull players out of a game for acting like brats. Just because LeBron's coach doesn't have the gumption to do it doesn't mean real coaches don't act on their players' inappropriate behavior.

Fortunately enough as well, League players as a general whole don't have coaches they can bully, so it doesn't matter. The point is, play the game, don't sit around and complain.
Well, ya, I understand the point, I just hate when players use basketball as an example of anything remotely positive compared to League.

No matter your credentials if a star player doesn't like you, you get fired. From coaches who have been in the same spot for 20-some years (Jerry Sloan), former coaches of the year (Stan Van Gundy + Mike D'Antoni). The guys who are sackless still get canned by their star players if the star players don't like it (hello Mike Brown).

It isn't so much that I disagree with your general point, but the basketball comparisons grind my gears.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Futurecat

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxie View Post
Yes, I did. The "STFU moron" in case 2 is what got you the punish. There is no legitimate reason to say that. And the fact that you got into the tribunal at all meant that you had been reported many times prior to this.
This right here is the problem with Tribunal Zealots. There is a presumption that if you got reported, you must be bad & worthy of being punished. Do you honestly not think frivolous reports happen? Judge a case based on what you see there, not all the dastardly deeds you are sure the person must have done to end up in Tribunal.

And my case is absolutely a textbook example of what I am asking Riot to change. I get flamed and harassed in /all chat, and finally snap and say "stfu you moron", and that warrants a "punish"? Really? Grow up a bit, for god's sake.

This community has reached the point of absurd oversensitivity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrolImanship

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
This is why I punish those who can't deflect an argument, because there is a time and place for a good debate (and I love debates), but in the middle of a competitive game is not the right time.
Welcome to League of Legends, where if you allow someone else to start an argument with you, you deserve to be banned.

Just make sure you don't ignore the person trying to start an argument with you because then you'll get banned for not communicating.


12345678 ... 12