Why was this case PArdoned

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1hat3y0u

11-13-2012

I just started doing the Tribunal yesterday, and I was curious as to why I was in the minority on this case: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5926412/

The outcome of the game states Leave and they were reported for leaving the game. I chose to Punish yet I was in the minority. Can anyone explain why? 0/2/0 with 0 cs and a Leave seems pretty clear...

walrus spanker

11-13-2012

^ this is exactly why the tribunal is broken lol. innocent people get banned, guilty people don't. Not every time, but still, if people can get banned for saying "noob", then the tribunal should be alot more accurate.

Ofermod

11-13-2012

A lot of people in the Tribunal won't punish for Leaving/AFK, as there's a system in place called Leaverbuster to take care of those. I'm afraid Riot hasn't been very clear as to what the preferred action is ("Punish" or "Pardon and leave to Leaverbuster").

Ladayen

11-13-2012

With only one game presented theres always a doubt of "what if" they had a legitimate reason to leave. They were flagged by leaverbuster anyhow. So people dont feel comfortable punishing a player when they already been caught and the punishment may grossly exceed the crime.

1hat3y0u

11-13-2012

Well if there is a LeaveBuster then they should take off the option to report for Leaving Game/AFK. As long as that option exists then I think it should still be voted on to Punish.

Just my 2 cents.

SgtSarros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

The reason they have the report is LeaverBuster I believe only truly hits them if they lave and don't return to the game.

I have seen cases where someone stays afk for 10 minutes in the spawning area because they want to talk to their GF on the phone. THAT does not get hit by LeaverBuster.

Another one are people who rage quit but come back. Saying things like 'This team sucks. I'll be back at the 20 minute mark' and then quit out, only coming back when the game is just aobut over to avoid LeaverBuster.

Those are cases where Leaving/AFK does have to be reviewed by the Tribunal.

As for personally? If I look at a case file and I see 2 or 3 games with Leave? Yes, punish. If it's just one in a case file people will usually go 'he could have had a power outage or something' and pardon if it's just the one. Once it starts happening repeatedly, then you see that change.