Why was this pardon? Baddies...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlexDnD2

11-13-2012

Unbelievable.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5926423/

Game 1: 1/11 Ashe. THREE people on his team thought he created a toxic game for them.

Game 2: Called his team noob. I don't really care about that - but I know a lot of thin skinned folks do. (If this was the only game I wouldn't punish)

Game 3: 0/11 Vayne. He also NEVER spoke. Refusing to communicate with team and/or assisting enemy team. I'd punish for this game.

Game 4: Refused to communicate with team. No chat log at all.

Game 5: Refused to communicate with team. No chat at all.

And this was a strong majority pardon? THE HELL?

Alanja

11-13-2012

I think he got pardoned because most of the time his team had equal death counts.

The one time "noob" is acceptable I guess.

I would skip it due to little evidence.

Draikk

11-13-2012

And now for a quote from the Tribunal Guidelines:

Quote:
4. Punish bad behavior, Not poor playing

Being bad at the game isn't a punishable offense. You should be looking at more than the score or item build to determine a verdict. A player purchasing flagrantly bad items is another thing entirely. Use your judgment to discern between bad players and trolling.
And just because he did not say anything is not a refusal to communicate with the team. He may still have pinged or listened to advice. Clear and obvious pardon to me.

Ladayen

11-13-2012

Of course it was pardoned. Ok it's he's not a very good player, but for all we know he's a lvl 5. I might question if there was any proof it was all ranked games.

Theres more ways to communicate then by talking, and if you look at the logs of game 2 he's not speaking english so I dont know what you expect? Random stuff in a foreign language no one is going to understand?

I dont think you understand what the tribunal is meant to do.

walrus spanker

11-13-2012

do they really ban people when u call someone a noob? are u kidding me?

Tbird

11-13-2012

Def a pardon. He only had the most deaths in 1 of those 5 games (tied for most in game 3 also). He also bought reasonable items. Then there is also the fact that in the game he did speak it appears english is not his first language. Clear pardon all the way.

AlexDnD2

11-13-2012

Not speaking English is not an excuse to refuse to communicate.

Do you think refusing to communication shouldn't be punishable?

Ofermod

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post

Maybe he was still pinging. I know I've gone games before where I haven't said a single word except "gg everyone" at the end.

Ladayen

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post

Again you are missing the point that there is more then one way to communicate. Throwing out random words isn't going to help.

Sulpherian

11-13-2012

Well, a few things in my opinion. Mostly, I actually agree with majority.

Game 1: Sure, possibly punishable for unskilled. But numbers can lie. This may have been a case of "spot the negative purple post," and it didn't show. Doing a search for "ashe" seems to show that his team really didn't think he was communicating. Also, the Ashe had 11 assists - which could mean a lot of things, considering there was a 14/13/5 AD-Heavy Eve, there may have been some funneling of kills.

Game 2: I see no problem here. Seems like any regular old losing game. Sej actually did ok.

Game 3: ... I wouldn't punish. The numbers -look- bad, but there's more to the story than that. 0/11/0 Janna (who would've been vayne's support). 1/10/3 Ashe, which is strange because that means there's 2 people building ADC. It seems like a general low ELO game.

Game 4: Nobody even mentioned Cho'gath, he was not prompted nor required to say anything. Note that Vayne didn't say anything either.

Game 5: It actually seems like Tristana was apologizing to Ashe - generally, and nobody was strictly angry at her for throwing the game or anything. That being said, it does seem she should've said something at some points.

Team communication has two outlets - pings and in-game chat. Since we can't see pings, we can only judge from the chat. However, there have been games where I haven't said a thing - and that should be OK as long as I am not prompted to talk. From the data given, I actually would've pardoned this as well.