Blackfire charge system bugged? Minions sapping charges.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowsaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Not sure if working as intended but I thought minions were not affected by the burn, hence not using any charges. First game with vlad I couldnt help but notice the charges maxed at 25 or quickly rise as I spelled through minion waves. By the time I was attacking champs I was maxed out. Problem?

Update: I was wrong, as somebody else stated it charges passively and as you use it, it consumes charges. Got it. Working wonderfully as intended. Just gotta say, THANK you for this item. It has made my long time favorite Vlad viable again. Please dont nerf it too hard.

Orphane

11-13-2012

Tooltip states "Unique Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 5% of the target champion's maximum Health in magic damage over 3 seconds. Each second burned consumes a charge. One charge is generated each second."

Might be a tooltip error or a bug. Try checking Bug Report forum?

Shadowsaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Well it's not suppose to affect minions so it's clearly a bug or a direct form of damage control for the aoe spammer champs like singed....

VoidInsanity

11-13-2012

Maybe it has been changed from the PBE / Old Version but it never used to be effected by minions. Maybe it is now which would explain why it still gains charges even in combat. Charges won't be used on minions if the skill kills the minions outright however.

I am pretty sure (needs testing) Charges only get deducted when they do damage, so provided you kill minions in under a second it should not use charges if the charges do effect minions.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-13-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

It should not be affecting minions.

Ha11uc1n0g3n

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsaint View Post
Well it's not suppose to affect minions so it's clearly a bug or a direct form of damage control for the aoe spammer champs like singed....
A red posted on how this works in the TT forums. I'd link but this phone app sucks and I'm at work :S

Viral

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
It should not be affecting minions.
Not only do you release a basically untested item, but you release a bugged, untested item.

ViolentlyCar

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Not only do you release a basically untested item, but you release a bugged, untested item.
But... it doesn't work on minions, just as the tooltip says. How is it bugged?

FDru

11-13-2012

Yeah the OP is really confused about how the charges work. They go down when you use them, not up, and they don't work on minions.

Evelynn Butt

11-13-2012

OP, what you described is the Torch naturally charging itself. It gains one charge a second automatically. This is what you saw.

When you use a spell on an enemy champion, one of those charges will be expended.