Riot is anti-competitive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I just see an angry man child that doesn't know when you attack a person instead of their argument that it's ad hominem.

He needs some book learnin'. Or a refund on his college degree, because that didn't teach him anything, obviously.

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

wasn't going to read thread...did anyway

no regrets

SummerDaze

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterfulWizard View Post
None of you are even smart enough to stay on topic! Man children everywhere! Attention span of a rat, dare say I!
Im on topic. You say they dont enjoy competition. I say no one does. The wealthiest man dead/alive bought out all his competition so he would have no competition. Youre saying its indecent. Im saying its life. Darwinism bro, survival of the fittest.

Jaykoboy

11-14-2012

Quote:
Ad hominem is attacking the opponent instead of the argument. I don't know why you can't read. You should sue all of the teachers that never taught you how to read.

And you're making this community look like a bunch of childish anti-intellectuals. Reconfirming the bias that everyone already has against this lame game. Typical man child. I should make a youtube video showcasing your ignorance and the general League of Legends community behavior.
No, you don't seem to understand. He's attacking you AND the argument. I'll try and explain this in terms that even a thirteen-year-old can understand, which means that it might be a bit difficult for you to grasp.

If you attack someone personally, that's called being a jerk.

If you attack someone's argument, that's called debating.

If you attack someone's argument by attacking that same someone personally, that's called Ad Hominem.

If you attack someone personally, and then attack their argument, not using your personal attack as evidence to attack their argument, then you are being a jerk while debating.

If you attack someone personally, and then attack their argument, while using your personal attack as evidence to attack their argument, that's Ad Hominem.

I'll give you three sentences, and what they each are:

1) You can't tell a Nintendo from an Xbox. -Jerk/Personal Attack
2) You think Xbox is better than Nintendo, but Nintendo is better because... -Debate
3) You can't tell a Nintendo from an Xbox, why can you say that Xbox is better? -Ad Hominem
4) You can't tell a Nintendo from an Xbox. You may think that Xbox is better, but this is why Nintendo is better... -Jerk/Personal Attack, Debate

I know I'm just feeding the troll. It's just rare that I agree with Dobagoh with something; might as well support him for once.

MasterfulWizard

11-14-2012

Attacking a person instead of an argument is ad hominem. You're attempting to play with semantics and failing.

Jaykoboy

11-15-2012

Quote:
Attacking a person instead of an argument is ad hominem. You're attempting to play with semantics and failing.
Under some circumstances, yes, that is correct. If you attack someone because you're losing the debate, and then don't debate any further, that is Ad Hominem. But normally, Ad Hominem is the attacking of someone being used as evidence in a debate. What you're doing right now is a bit of Ad Hominem; not full-on, but still a bit. You're saying that I'm wrong because I 'failed with semantics' and yet you're not pointing out any flaws in my actual argument. If the way I argue isn't sound, but my argument is, then you should attack my argument and try and find flaws in that. Instead, you attack me on the basis of the way I argue, not doing anything to disprove anything I said.

What you're doing is Ad Hominem right there.

P.S: I'm the youngest person on this forum. If you're losing an argument to me, you must be doing something wrong.

MasterfulWizard

11-15-2012

Lol you're prejudiced....

Attacking a person instead of an argument is ad hominem.

Dobagoh

11-15-2012

Quit feeding the troll, Jaykoboy.

I don't like you and I think you're an unfunny hack but this is one of the few times I will upvote you.

MasterfulWizard

11-15-2012

thanks for bumping

MasterfulWizard

12-09-2012

http://dotaland.net/2012/12/09/tencent-posts-an-article-on-qq-com-flaming-dota2-quickly-removes-it-but-not-before-dota-uuu9-com-posts-a-counter-flame/

it looks like LoL and their parent company Tencent are scared of their inferior product not being able to compete.

Funny thing is this ****-talk by tencent actually backfired and the Chinese Dota 2 community was defending Valve against the baseless accusations.