Tribunal needs to be less harsh!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

walrus spanker

11-13-2012

I've gotten banned 3 times in one month for the dumbest reasons. Reasons such like saying "bg" or just telling the jungler to not gank by running down the lane, or from telling your support to buy wards...the tribunal is way too harsh and needs to seriously be taken off, if there are trolls all over LoL, then there are trolls all over the tribunal. LoL games usually take around 45 minutes, so when we lose because of 1 person, its very hard not to say anything. i am so sick of being banned for the dumbest reasons that people over-react about. I'm not saying that i am always nice to people, but I'm not trying to be mean either. But seriously, i think the tribunal needs to be removed, or it should take ALOT more reports in order to get banned. I join a game, i say "gank better", i get reported, and then I am banned. This is so stupid! c'mon riot, take off the tribunal and review cases for yourself, I am sure you wouldn't ban as much people either.

Exploding Barrel

11-13-2012

Riot has said on my occasions that the Tribunal is more lenient than they would be if they were reading every case. Want to post some of your reform cards for feedback about the punishments?

walrus spanker

11-13-2012

I can't post my card because like I said, riot doesn't email me about my ban, they never gave me my card number...

Exploding Barrel

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus spanker View Post
I can't post my card because like I said, riot doesn't email me about my ban, they never gave me my card number...
Ah, so you're just guessing at the ban reasons in your first post?

You can send a request to player support and they'll link you to your reform cards. Support button is in the upper right of this screen.

Edit: I re-read your first post. You didn't say that. :P

Alanja

11-13-2012

3 bans in one month and you still have not learned???

Hui ... but still we are willing to look it over.

Maybe you can start with posting ANY of those three reform cards? (You must have gotten at least one )

PheonzZ

11-13-2012

league will soon have no interactions in game as people fear the unjust banning from the tribunal. it will be like a classroom of whipped kids who cannot have a little trash talk a little tease that happens in most sports and games and adds a little exitement (and i mean JUST A LITTLE like saying 'bg' or 'bring it on!'. I mean a dude got banned for spamming taunts ffs....

jellomon123

11-13-2012

I wouldn't say that the Tribunal is going to terrify players from interaction since lack of communication [I]is [I]a punishable offense. Also, as Riot notes themselves on the Tribunal FAQ, "Typically a large number of reports are required before a player appears in the Tribunal, so if you had a bad game and are reported, don’t worry! You will most likely not end up in the Tribunal," meaning that reports need to be repeatedly noted for you to even be judged. Also, the tribunal isn't that harsh; players are advised against giving a "punish" vote for a few swears or examples of negative behavior here and there. And of course, it's important to remember that there are NO perfect justice systems in the world right now. Even a court that can make a life-or-death decision such as criminal courts in Texas employ only a small jury of (hopefully) educated citizens; the Supreme Court of the United States is made of only (at this moment in time) ten justices (albeit very educated, expert justices) and is the most powerful court in the country. At least with the Tribunal, you can rest assured that your case has been passed through many, many hands who are hopefully generally very capable and just.