Can't install LoL - Files already exist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ch1pm0nk

02-13-2011

When I run the installer, I get a message saying that the files already exist in the destination folder. I have tried disabling my AV and running the installer as an admin, neither of which helped. I also uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe Air, which also didn't help. Please help

TreacherousVula

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2011

check your programs list (control Panel -> programs and features OR Add and remove programs) and see if its on there, if it is uninstall it

zero3124n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreacherousVula View Post
check your programs list (control Panel -> programs and features OR Add and remove programs) and see if its on there, if it is uninstall it
Also check your programs by going to My Computer -> Local Disk C -> either Riot Games or Program Files and search from there to delete any existing files

Toshirozawa

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreacherousVula View Post
I'm having the same issue as OP and I've installed this game multiple times just fine. And to reply to your recommendation, the program isn't listed there. I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the programming of the download client itself. The temp files that it creates are conflicting with the actual files. That's the only thing that makes sense right now.

RIOT, please fix this a.s.a.p. I'd like to use what I paid for.

ARedPoppy

02-13-2011

Have you ever installed LoL before?

- Delete all traces of LoL Files and folders
- Download CCleaner
- In CCleaner, go to 'Registry' and scan for issues
- Fix all found issues, and be sure to make a backup when asked!

- Try reinstalling
- If it fails, go back into CCleaner, go to 'Tools', select League of Legends and select Uninstall
- If this fails, select League of Legends, select Delete Entry, then try to reinstall.

Toshirozawa

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedPoppy View Post

- Download CCleaner

- Try reinstalling
- If it fails, go back into CCleaner, go to 'Tools', select League of Legends and select Uninstall
- If this fails, select League of Legends, select Delete Entry, then try to reinstall.
This is an issue pertaining to the download client, not for the installation of the game. Also, I've already tried wiping out the registry files with CCleaner. LoL is no where on my computer, I made sure of it when I uninstalled it. Thanks for your reply and recommendation though.

ARedPoppy

02-13-2011

Are you using the new launcher?

Toshirozawa

02-13-2011

Quote:
Are you using the new launcher?
If by new launcher you mean the one available off the download page https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/redownload, then yes.

Herkas

05-28-2011

Quote:

- Download CCleaner

- Try reinstalling
i have a question i try this solution but it dosnt help me...when the installation end appears the problem "the files already exist" but the problem is that no appears files on the box .... please help me

Herkas

06-01-2011

i have the same problem,i try with one friend that pass me lol in a usb but when the launcher was running appears "the launcher has experined an erro please restart this application please answer t try all !!!!!!!!!!