Riot, I can't stop worrying about my ADC

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

11-14-2012

Ranged AD certainly does not need buffing.

They may be able to do with being able to build something other than IE or BT.

But really, Ranged AD carry itemization is extremely powerful, if a little dull.

OneVendetta

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
Well, at least so far nothing is changing for ADC pretty much

Junglers has to go thru the panic of new jungle again

But yea, some things for ADC are in place, but just not sure when it will be implemented
U think nerfing PD is nothing? You think reworking the attack mastery tree (removing lifesteal) is nothing? If anything, adc's got the short end of the stick. They won't be no.1 priority anymore. May be not even no. 2

Super Explosion

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Blades Bounce View Post
I feel like they're just going to make ADC and tanks weaker and make AP's stronger.
Honestly, what they likely need to do is make Ranged AD and Tanky DPS much weaker, so people can actually play Assassins and Melee Carries.

I mean, Bruisers have Assassin-level burst, and Ranged AD carries do basically everything that Melee AD carries do, only from far away safety.

Amariithynar

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbushIntheDark View Post
This. As a support player I'm sitting here waiting to be rammed in the mouth by the utility changes (as per riot tradition of screwing supports every patch) and hearing a ADC complain about how they arnt getting STRONGER? Screw you.
Not about getting stronger, about everyone else getting stronger (and the support changes are much for the better).

JunkRamen

11-14-2012

While ADC's are really strong atm, I'm wondering if Riot is being a little heavy-handed in toning them down in S3. All of the top tier ADC's have been nerfed significantly with only small bumps to the lesser played ones. Furthermore, bruiser and AD assassin/caster itemization is being improved, which, while great for them, means that the hardest counters to ADC in team fights are now going to be stronger. This combined with confirmed nerfs to ADC itemization (PD no longer being the "perfect" second item) makes me think of rough times incoming for us.

I'm also not so sure about the level of ADC dominance, at least in competitive play. From what I've seen it was the AP's that were most often the playmakers even if ADC's were contributing a lot of damage. Bruisers were also strong. After games it was extremely common for players to say "team X lost because someone's Jax got too fed.

I know there's stuff coming for ADC's, but let's face it: ADC's are definitely going to benefit the least from itemization changes and most of the other announced changes aren't going to do anything for them. If ADC's aren't supposed to be strong end game, then their mid game's should be tuned to be closer to that of AP's or bruisers or else the only reason to even bring an ADC will be to hit turrets.

Hotdogs

11-14-2012

i think botrk will be op, especially on ranged

Back in the Days

11-14-2012

just nerf everything and have all the champs do only utility and no damage
support meta - seems legit

LordTobiothan

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Br0heimer View Post
Yes.

God forbid AD carries aren't the be all end all once in awhile.
I had a game yesterday where neither side had an adc (both went ap/as teemo bot) and it lasted for 80 min.

Why you ask? Because it took upwards of 2-2.5 min to kill off a team so people just re-spawned and re-joined the fight and the cycle continued. We all had 6 items and the tanks and bruisers were so tanky that they couldn't kill each other, they also couldn't build less tanky for fear of the ap carry that floats around the back being able to burst them again.

In other words, someone needs to out-scale the defensive stats to a large degree to make fights decisive.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Well AD carries have explosive scaling and good items! There's a couple things they'll enjoy, but it's not a major problem to solve :P
Hints Morello, hints!

Illusion generation (ie: similar to Shaco clone)? Offense CC removal item (Ie: QSS+BF sword), on-hit that synergizes with crit, an upgrade to IE?

Stop toying with us man! We'll go crazy.

Well most of us, I"ll just go crazy like a fox =p

LoLThatsNotFunny

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Well AD carries have explosive scaling and good items! There's a couple things they'll enjoy, but it's not a major problem to solve :P
Really glad to hear this.
I was mostly worried of the impact supports will have on AD carries' laning after all these changes.. especially the ones with poke since they hurt without items already.. and giving them the chance to actually itemize for damage seemed like a scary idea to me.

I trust you can solve anything if it ever happens to be an issue.. I just had lot of thoughts on this and had to ask.

Thanks.