Is this really punishable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isist

11-13-2012

well looks like we have auto punish community

Blutarsky Blues

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbitlauncher View Post
Remember that (sorry, no specific numbers, but I have no reason to disbelieve what Lyte has said) the system devalues the vote-weight of tribunal voters who spam punish and it devalues the report-weight of constant reporters. There are systems under the hood that help alleviate this stress. I, for one, have never worried once about getting banned. Granted a single case study means little in the overarcing scheme of things.

As data is collected, these algorithms can be further refined and allow for even more specificity and control over toxic players both at the reporting step, and way at the end at the adjudication step.

Going back to our very very rough analogy with the Crim. Justice system:

I don't fear being put in jail because I have done nothing wrong, and systems have been refined to such a point that it is unlikely I would be unjustly punished. A century or two ago, that was not true. Many revisions and refinements of the system went into place (up to and including appeals AFTER punishment) to afford me an even further strengthened sense of self-security. The Tribunal is like the justice system shortly after its inception. Give it time, and remain vigilant to highlight problematic cases like this one! We cannot do much more than that.

Also: consider this yet another bump for red response
Great points. I do hope that the systems in place is valid and does give appropriate value to people who spam reports and the punish vote. Not knowing the system and how it works to prevent false reports and punishments is problematic but possibly necessary. Just trusting what lyte has told us leaves much to be desired but for now it is the best we have.

Brohoof

11-13-2012

I see that this has been moved. A red take note of it?

PheonzZ

11-13-2012

auto punish tribunal...gg

Brohoof

11-13-2012

Could I get a red post stating if this has been noticed?

Blutarsky Blues

11-13-2012

bump for red response to this

Sigil of LeBlanc

11-13-2012

I will vote pardon as well. I'm a newbie player last month and I did my best to help the team even if I failed miserably on my first 5 games. I understand Ashe's case and we all been through this. We had been newbies before and I don't think it is proper to punish like that.

Shade of Latria

11-13-2012

Toxic player obviously fckin noob, would punish for feeding. noobs have no place in this game

ZaignX

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade of Latria View Post
Toxic player obviously fckin noob, would punish for feeding. noobs have no place in this game
And people like you have no place in this game.

It looks like shes a new player really. She clearly had no idea what she was doing. Instead of acting the way they did they could have asked if she was you know, NEW instead of OMGTROLL.

Blutarsky Blues

11-14-2012

bump red please respond