Re-open the thread saying banned for emotes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kum Get Sum Dik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewcebawcks View Post
My 2 cents:

This is punishable.

Reason 1: This is an ARAM game. ARAMs are normally a bit more care free and less serious than ranked or normal games. Someone spamming audio all game can be annoying (trust me, see below) and since everyone is in all chat, and people were asking to stop, and you didn't, you were ruining their gaming experience. Violation of Summoner Code, punish warranted.

Reason 2: Had this been ranked or normal, I would have a different opinion. I often times will (not spam mind you) use the taunts/laughs/jokes to rattle my opponents. Especially with my main, Lux... dat /laugh... Not only can it cause stress and annoy my lane opponents, but you can also take pressure off of other lanes: Say your top is getting double teamed by their top and jungler. If you're in mid with Lux, let's say, and you're spamming /laugh after every damage or kill... I guarantee you... the jungler will start coming mid more often, or mid will become more aggressive and make mistakes. It's a viable tactic and there isn't anything in the summoner code strictly saying "do not spam things we put in the game".

Keep old thread closed. Close this one. Punishment warranted. Tribunal working as intended. /thread
My 2 cents is this community is nothing but a bunch of punks. This is NOT a bannable offense. Riot put taunts in the game for a reason. If you dont feel like hearing the taunt turn down your goddamn speakers. People in this game need to grow sacks and stop being flitters. enough said. Take it away riot crusaders.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korean Pop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewcebawcks View Post
So if you and your friend are walking down the street, and me and my friend who happens to be a homosexual female pass by you, and we hear you insulting each other "for fun" by calling each other gay, or saying "that's gay", it's ok because you were talking to your friend?
Oh no, someone who wasn't even talking to me said "gay!" I am offended!

Quote:
How about someone with dark skin and the N-Word?
Not applicable in this situation since it didn't happen.

Quote:
There were 8 other players in that game and you used hate-speak.

Ban deserved.
This is why the tribunal shouldn't consist of people who have nothing else better to do with their time. Paid riot staff should be doing this.

Quote:
How is this thread still open???
I didn't make it. My thread got downvoted instantly without anyone reading it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korean Pop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuSira View Post
Regardless, to me it seems more than one person was using that account since the typing styles between the Corki game and the Kog'maw game changed drastically - and that is a bannable offense.
Sorry forgot to address the last part. I was only typing properly to make fun of people who treat the summoner's code like their bible. Reason being that I got my warning a few days before this game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kur77

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-13-2012

lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewcebawcks View Post
So if you and your friend are walking down the street, and me and my friend who happens to be a homosexual female pass by you, and we hear you insulting each other "for fun" by calling each other gay, or saying "that's gay", it's ok because you were talking to your friend?

How about someone with dark skin and the N-Word?

There were 8 other players in that game and you used hate-speak.

Ban deserved.

How is this thread still open???
i doubt anyone is offended by "thats gay" anymore... pretty sure its an accepted slang term and i've heard gay people use it on occasion too.

the N-word... why not? its used in 90% of hip hop/rap. so if im a fan and i want to sing along to my favorite rap i can't say that lyric? so... black people use the word to greet eachother but for some reason the color of my skin makes it instantly racist? yeah ok lol
if someone of color thinks its racist thats their problem! not mine

next up you are gonna tell me that the word jew is wrong


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GyjYa

Senior Member

11-13-2012

No one wants to listen to "Why So Serious?" THE ENTIRE GAME

This says it all right here. How is this an issue again? FFS, there's even an report option specifically for things like this.

I would have reported this person as well, and as a tribunal member I would definitely have voted to punish this case. He was repeatedly asked to stop spamming and ignored the complaints.

If you're continually ruining the game for others, you deserve to be punished. Tribunal running smoothly, so move along, nothing to see here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilentSounds

Senior Member

11-13-2012

funny as hell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korean Pop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyjYa View Post
No one wants to listen to "Why So Serious?" THE ENTIRE GAME

This says it all right here.

I would have reported this person as well, and as a tribunal member I would definitely have voted to punish this case. He was repeatedly asked to stop spamming and ignored the complaints.

If you're continually ruining the game for others, you deserve to be punished. Tribunal running smoothly, so move along, nothing to see here.
Which is exactly why tribunal shouldn't even exist. Paid riot staff should be reviewing cases instead of leaving it in the hands of a jury that doesn't even have concrete evidence (except the word of a few pissed players)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korean Pop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyjYa View Post
[I]there's even an report option specifically for things like this.
Show me the report option.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gewcebawcks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Heel Surfer View Post
Oh no, someone who wasn't even talking to me said "gay!" I am offended!

It's called an example. You also failed to reference the actual situation which I explained in my previous post. Using the Fox News "Context" Play Book I see... Allow me to type it out again since you choose to ignore the actual situation in game, and only chose to pick out the example I used to show you your ignorance:

You and a friend were in game with 8 other people. You used the term "gay" as an insult. You got reported by someone who took offence to that, as well as your annoying attitude towards spamming taunts... in an ARAM. Ban deserved.


Not applicable in this situation since it didn't happen.


Again, an example. I love how in both scenarios, I attempted to use examples to show you how using hate-speak in game is just as bad as using it in real life, where the anonymity of your summoner name can't protect you and you would never say that to someone's face... and instead of responding to the debate like a human being, you decide to troll. "since it didn't happen" doesn't apply. It's the same scenario. Using hate speak in front of other people, in LoL/IRL, will get you banned or reported/knocked the f*ck out, respectively.


This is why the tribunal shouldn't consist of people who have nothing else better to do with their time. Paid riot staff should be doing this.

Paid Riot staff leave it in the hands of the "people who have nothing else better to do with their time" a.k.a. Summoners who care about the game and their community. You've clearly make it evident you are not one of us. Please enjoy your ban and come back with a better attitude.

P.S. Takes many reports to get a ban. Not just one. I'm sure your toxic attitude here in the forums is a mere representation of your toxic attitude in game.


I didn't make it. My thread got downvoted instantly without anyone reading it.

Downvoted for good reason. People read it, and saw right through you. You claim Riot has dished out an ban based solely on your "spamming of emotes", however, multiple reports cause bans, not just one. This tells me you are consistently being reported on a regular basis due to your negative attitude, hate speak, and general toxic behavior. Now, someone else has tried the same ruse... "DIS GUY GOT BANNED FOR SPAMMING EMOTES! RIOT PLS!" and now it's being revealed that you are using terms like "gay" as an insult in game.

Allow me to reiterate myself again, since I'm sure you won't have any kind of meaningful, well thought out, well written, adult response:

Tribunal working as intended. Enjoy your ban.


/thread