Re-open the thread saying banned for emotes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gewcebawcks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I wanted to respond to the person who actually got banned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVERworld View Post
[put-into-a-nice-term] retarded names...

"Retarded" is not a nice term. It's a common term used to negatively associate someone with having a mental retardation because of their actions. "Their names are retarded." for example... Someone playing League of Legends right now has a mental deficiency. Some human person out there. Or maybe some father or mother with a kid with mental deficiencies takes offense to your statement. You want to use language like that... be prepared to get reported.

By that statement alone, I can tell you really need to adjust your attitude in general, not just towards LoL. "Retarded" and "that's gay" are terms used by children who think it's funny to bully others who are different, or in a minority. Are you a child? Are you a bully?

You guys are selectively using any piece of information to try to change the argumentative curve towards your own end, trying to sugar coat yourself from any debate, you haven't even BEGUN switch perspectives, giving both sides a chance to explain and change your highly biased decisions.

Irony... so much irony. I was unbiased coming into the thread. I read through all the posts and made my own assessment. As I do with all Tribunal cases, I looked at things from all perspectives: person being reported, that person's chat log, the other players chat log, and game statistics to make my own judgement. My very first post, I state my synopsis and even state that in a ranked or normal game, where not everyone has /all chat turned on (so the opponent can't see you complain about spamming taunt or w/e) I would pardon. But in this specific scenario, I would punish...

Your friend did EXACTLY what you accuse me of doing... Refused to see things in another perspective, used anything and everything to try and prove he was right, and would rather sling insults at me for "bring drunk at work" and stating "he has no life" rather than have an adult debate. He feels wronged. You feel he has been wronged. If anyone is "sugar coating themselves from debate" (this is not a spamming taunts issue for me, it's a homophobic comment issue and yet you continue to ignore the homophobia and focus on spamming taunts...) and "not switching perspectives", it's you two.

I have to each:
Jew: I made fun of my friend for having a lot of money in his wallet, based no his natural foundation of intellectual accounting cause he's Jewish.
African American: I called him the n word, and ****a at the same time, he doesn't care cause he knows I don't think of him anymore lowly of how I am in status, nor did I want him to feel bad.
Homosexual person? Don't get me started. I've had friends that were, and called them ****s, lesbos, ****, homos, they don't care. You know why? Cause I'm not trying to hurt them. If they wanted me to stop using those terms, I would. My female friends don't want me calling them *****, I stopped. Problem solved.

So you're saying, "friendly racism/homophobia" is OK. You still fail to grasp this very simple concept. You are referencing friends of yours. I am asking you to walk up to a random Jewish/African American/Homosexual person, and just ask them, "How would you feel if my friend and I were walking down the street, and you heard us say [Insert Racist/Homophobic Slur Here]." Not your friend you're paling around with... because you weren't in a game with 10 friends... you were in a game with 1 additional friend. Those other 8 people don't know you. If one of them was a homosexual, and you say "gay"... doesn't matter who it was directed at, or what... it's a homophobic response... It's that simple.

And if you feel like "It's not a big deal. I was saying it to my friend." Allow me to link you to a simple google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=stop...hrome&ie=UTF-8

If there are that many websites... dedicated to eliminating the negative association and usage of the word "gay", it's probably a big deal to others, outside your little circle of friends. The world is a big place when you step out of your little bubble. Maybe gain some respect for others next time you leave mommy's house, or log into your account... that is, when your well deserved ban gets lifted (Gawds help us...).

Now, why can't all you just find your own resolution? Mute the voice in game, I'm sorry your sexy Riven, Caitlyn, Vayne, Soraka, watever female voice actor's voice isn't gonna get you off this game because of us. Deal with it and move on and stop trying to get other people's accounts banned.

I will always ban people who are using racist or homophobic slurs in game. You qualify. Quit acting like you've been wronged by Riot here... you broke the summoners code, plane and simple. Enjoy your time away from the game. Learn to tolerate others, regardless of their religious beliefs, skin tone, gender, or sexual preference. Then come back to LoL with a better attitude.

Get yourself together, stop being ignorant, stop blaming others, get more insight to whatever you believe is wrong and then state your opinion again. This time, you won't be biased.

What a joke...
Now I'm really done with this thread. I can tell from the language being spoken, the dialogue being shared, and the attitude of the OP and friend... that these are in fact, kids. My guess, between 12-17. The level of immaturity and inability to grasp simple concepts screams middle school adolescences. Their ignorance is staggering.

I hope Lyte shows up and embarrasses the hell out of you...

GL GD. I'm done with this trivial nonsense.

Tribunal working as intended. Ban deserved.

RavenMagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IalreadyHateYou View Post
THERE IS AN IGNORE FUNCTION IN THIS GAME.
Holy ****. If someone is being a jerk, you ignore them. How difficult is this? Problem solved. You don't need to ban these players.
No, I would rather ban them. I'd rather not play with people who I have to mute because they are spewing trash from their mouths.

Selvik's got a pretty good point. Would you act this way in real life, where people don't have convenient mute buttons to ignore your behavior?

Gewcebawcks

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurixy View Post
lol banned by using a thing acessible by the game, and without chatting anything ? good job riot and this tribunal system...

if he got banned for saying "noob" and "gay" 1 time on last game.. i think it's harsh to punish only for that... just my opinion
It's... LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to be banned of one report. This player had to have had multiple reports go to the tribunal, received multiple warnings, and is generally a toxic player for a ban to take effect. Just the straw that broke the camels back.

And yes, directing slurs at someone in game is a bannable offence.

/thread

McLovin

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewcebawcks View Post
I wanted to respond to the person who actually got banned...

Now I'm really done with this thread. I can tell from the language being spoken, the dialogue being shared, and the attitude of the OP and friend... that these are in fact, kids. My guess, between 12-17. The level of immaturity and inability to grasp simple concepts screams middle school adolescences. Their ignorance is staggering.

I hope Lyte shows up and embarrasses the hell out of you...

GL GD. I'm done with this trivial nonsense.

Tribunal working as intended. Ban deserved.
Wrong, I'm 21. Your inability to even change your perspectives towards nothing but detrimental senses amazes me, it's like you're mad at something. I'm just gonna guess it's your rating.

Anyways, I don't know if you're socially awkward or just don't have friends at all, I'm just gonna guess it's both, cause who the HELL does not use slang these days. Only you awkward kids. I adjust my views towards which I believe is how we act these days, you just play the **** cop in which you try to justify everything that could be turned negative, into an exaggerated amount. I never said it was truly justifiable, that's how we are in society. I'm sorry you are home-schooled and have never been outside. Truly sad.

Peggy

11-13-2012

wow riot

close every thread about emote bans, don't red reply to any of them

stay classy

Scandulous

11-14-2012

If OP actually believes their defense of that player... LOL
This case is ridiculous and people need to stop making new threads about it. Spamming emotes so hard that both teams ask you to stop, but not stopping, is obviously griefing. Especially doing it in more than one game, with more than one character. Just because emotes don't show up in the chat log doesn't mean there's no proof, and doesn't mean you'll get away with it. Noise pollution is just as toxic as chat or ping spam.

Emailsupport7346

11-15-2012

Bump for justice