Re-open the thread saying banned for emotes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krimson62

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMagus View Post
You are missing the point by a mile. I'll try to explain it to you, though.

Auto attacking is a part of the game that has a mechanical impact in game. The chat system is not. The emote system is not. When you are spamming emotes when other people have asked you to stop, the only thing you are accomplishing is annoying them further. The same is true if you are using the chat system to harass or insult other players. This does not mean you should be allowed to do this simply because it's possible (again, please reread section 4 of the Summoner's Code).

Tell me, in game 2, 3, or 4 who told him to stop?

also read section 7 of the summoners code.
It is not a 0 tolerance law. You have to have some leeway

IalreadyHateYou

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvik View Post
So because you can mute me I should be allowed to say what ever I want at any time? No. Its all about the intent. The person that was banned purposefully spammed emotes in order to annoy other players. Say what you want, but I would rather not have to play with people who go out of their way to cause other people discomfort. At that point you are just a bad person. In the end, he deserved it.
Ummm if you mute the person, it doesn't matter what they say. They'll essentially be talking to themselves. How is this a bad thing?
People like you are what is wrong with this community. You get butthurt over the smallest things and claim these players are "trolls" and since there are so many of you kids in the tribunal, players get banned for doing something that isn't harmful(or could be muted).

IalreadyHateYou

11-13-2012

The butthurt people in this thread sort of remind me of crazy Muslims and Christians.

Yurixy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

lol banned by using a thing acessible by the game, and without chatting anything ? good job riot and this tribunal system...

if he got banned for saying "noob" and "gay" 1 time on last game.. i think it's harsh to punish only for that... just my opinion

InertBlowfish

11-13-2012

Quote:
You are missing the point by a mile. I'll try to explain it to you, though.

Auto attacking is a part of the game that has a mechanical impact in game. The chat system is not. The emote system is not. When you are spamming emotes when other people have asked you to stop, the only thing you are accomplishing is annoying them further. The same is true if you are using the chat system to harass or insult other players. This does not mean you should be allowed to do this simply because it's possible (again, please reread section 4 of the Summoner's Code).
Sorry, I'm not a rule Nazi.
I use this rare thing these days called common sense.
It's worked pretty well so far, considering that I have never been banned.

So let me put this simply for you:
Riot implemented a taunt function in the game of their own accord.
Let's define taunt, shall we?

Taunt -
Noun:
A remark made in order to anger, wound, or provoke someone.

It doesn't matter if you use said taunt once, or fifty times in a single game. It is still going to be a taunt that Riot implemented in the game as a means of poking at your enemy.

IF YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL TAKE OFFENSE TO A FUNCTION THAT RIOT IMPLEMENTED, THEN TURN OFF YOUR SOUND OR COMPLAIN TO RIOT ABOUT THEIR GAME FEATURE.

Don't go around banning people for your own inadequacies.

RavenMagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IalreadyHateYou View Post
The same can be applied to the people being "harassed". No one is forcing them to read chat or have to listen to emotes.
Actually, that is incorrect. By spamming the emote, you are focing them to have to listen to it.

Quote:
Ummm if you mute the person, it doesn't matter what they say. They'll essentially be talking to themselves. How is this a bad thing?
People like you are what is wrong with this community. You get butthurt over the smallest things and claim these players are "trolls" and since there are so many of you kids in the tribunal, players get banned for doing something that isn't harmful(or could be muted).
Yes, you're completely right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a jerk in general.

(Incidentally, I am being sarcastic. Normally, I don't have to say that, but I don't think you'd realize it otherwise.)

Selvik

11-13-2012

Quote:
One day you will enter the real world, where if you do things just to annoy people, you suffer consequences. If i spam my co-workers with NSFW material at work, I will be fired. It doesn't matter that they can just ignore me.

IalreadyHateYou

11-13-2012

Quote:
Actually, that is incorrect. By spamming the emote, you are focing them to have to listen to it.

Yes, you're completely right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a jerk in general.

(Incidentally, I am being sarcastic. Normally, I don't have to say that, but I don't think you'd realize it otherwise.)
THERE IS AN IGNORE FUNCTION IN THIS GAME.
Holy ****. If someone is being a jerk, you ignore them. How difficult is this? Problem solved. You don't need to ban these players.

InertBlowfish

11-13-2012

Bump.

Cryswar

11-13-2012

Game 4.

Homophobia.

Also, OP, you're either delusional or an idiot. Half the people on both teams were telling him to stop bloody taunting, and you think no one asked him to stop?