Tribunal Suggestion: Remove Inappropriate Names from tribunal cases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Halana

11-13-2012

Inappropriate names should have hard rules as to what is and is not appropriate.

At the very least, it should be wholly up to Riot for this and not the Tribunal. Yet I see inappropriate names as some of the reporting instances in the Tribunal.

This doesn't really make sense. Either a name is inappropriate or it's not. Having a small core of people who decide this and have standard rules in order to keep it clean and having tickets for those reports dumped into the laps of those people instead of congesting the Tribunal would probably be far more efficient.

If they go to the tribunal but make no difference (IE: that is not what they are punished on, even if it is one of the reasons they are reported) they probably shouldn't show up anyway.

LittleDi

11-13-2012

Agreed. The inappropriate names situation is pretty much not something I'd think we need to consider based on the fact that even if we do consider it punish worthy we can't actually change it.

gnfnrf

11-13-2012

I agree that name reports shouldn't be mixed with reports for other reasons, but I see no reason why the Tribunal can't judge them as well, just with a different outcome (enforced changes instead of time bans).

As for guidelines, the Code of Conduct in the EULA says

Quote:
L. Selecting a Summoner name that is falsely indicative of an association with Riot Games, contains personally identifying information, infringes on the proprietary or non-proprietary rights of third parties, or that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable. You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent this restriction on Summoner name choices. Riot Games may modify any name which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, violates this provision without further notification to you, and may take further disciplinary measures, including Account termination, for repeated violations.
Do you need more specific rules than that?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

If a majority of the community finds a name offensive, it can be safely considered offensive. If not, then it can be ignored.

This is exactly how the Tribunal works anyway, so why shouldn't names be judged the same way?