Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwilightAngel

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remunial View Post
Lulu is one of my favorite champions in this game. When I saw this skin previewed a few weeks ago I was stoked and I knew I would instabuy this as soon as it was released....However, I refuse to pay 1350 RP for this skin. I remember starting this game almost 3 years ago and all of the skins were just simple recolors. You guys swore that the quality of skins would improve as you gained more support and employees. The quality of skins has grown tremendously, but the price tags are inflating too much for me to continue to support you at the rate I previously was. When PFE released at such a high price tag I knew the normal skin prices would start to slowly rise as well. I think 1350 RP is a fine price tag for skins that are deserving of it, but changing a passive's animation and raising the price ~400 RP is not justifiable in my opinion. As much as I love Lulu and as much as I want this skin, I can't let myself fall victim to this undeserving price inflation. I guess I will have to continue to be happy turning my enemies into cupcakes instead. =D Riot, thank you for improving the quality of your skins (honestly, you have come so far from when I first started playing this game), but my wallet can't handle the inflation of the prices anymore. I was sad when 520 RP skins stopped being released, i'm afraid that 975 RP skins will be next.
Welcome to the real world? Last i looked anything that gets better no company really keeps it at the same price or lowers the price. But the only way I think lulu dragon trainer would been worth the amount they have her if they changed up her voice/ look more

Gimixx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I love you Riot, but you're killing us with these skin prices. This game is getting more popular everyday. I'd say its about time the prices got lowered.

Vheri

11-13-2012

1350? :S The only reason im buying it its because I already ordered a dragon trainer lulu shirt :S

MaxScorpionMax

11-13-2012

Isn't 8$ already high enough to simply change the appearence of a champion?
Now it has to go over 10$ (Not to mention PulseFire at about 35$ xD)

I don't know how many skins you sell but I think you could make even more money by reducing the prices....

Xpyder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Riot's new overpriced skins continues!!!
Instead of making particle/model change the default for 975 skins, they created a new price point for that... just great...
And i like Wicked lulu better, ugly fat/big headed dragon is ugly, cute cat + bat = better

Atalix

11-13-2012

I will post again, just because I am THAT disappointed.

Why not create a Darius skin we like? A basketball dunking, towel-yanking, free-style-spinning Darius in tube socks and a headband? I mean... seriously.

Singed's little brother skin? SO CREATIVE

BeastBox

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightAngel View Post
Welcome to the real world? Last i looked anything that gets better no company really keeps it at the same price or lowers the price.
This isn't really better, though. They had to remodel Pix anyway (just like with ALL of Lulu's skins) and a fat pink dragon isn't really justifying the cost increase to me ...

Orranis

11-13-2012

DRAGON MASTER SWAIN WHERe?

seriously though, dragon trainer lulu looks really cool, but you have no idea how badly i want to lazerbird somebody with a tiny dragon. can we please has?

Tatekei

11-13-2012

Dragon Trainer Lulu
Thoughts: Ok, another skin, not a fan of Pixar movies, whatever

Bioforge Darius
Thoughts: ANOTHER Darius skin? Are you kidding me? how USELESS. Can you please focus on champions who don't have any skins?

Where the hell are my Varus Skins, Elise, Rengar, only having 2 skins is ANNOYING. If your going to release a champion i better have atleast 4 skins to pick from.

Dissapointing at best. I expected better riot.

Artifactual

11-13-2012

Selling something is about selling volume, not heavily pricing for maximum profit margin. (Apple lost their chance to crush Microsoft for the same reason.) Even though there is no competition with another game once it comes to selling skins within the confines of your own game, the vast amount of currently available skins should be utilized to sell more for less. Thus, the same profit is achieved, and more people are satisfied. This results in FURTHER purchases, more people recommending the game, and a snowball effect of success.

TLDR: 975 is too high, let alone 1350.