Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MomoAi

11-15-2012

Riot, it's either legendary or not legendary skin, don't make a skin ( like dragon Lulu ) with nice animation LIKE Foxfire Ahri skin, Blackthorn Morgana skin etc and smack 1350. Wdf is 1350? Half ass Legendary skin? Next thing you know, regular skin goes from 975 to 1350 =.=. I main support and Lulu is one of my most play support. I was going to buy the skin until i saw the price. Nope. Nope. NOPE. C:

Minion Strong

11-15-2012

stop complaining about price, Riot clearly ignores this banter seeing as people revolted against the rented skins (coarse some still bought them) When it comes to some things they will listen to fans, but NOT when it comes between them and money, they just won't losten, they won't.

Vilyra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

My thoughts:

Dragon pix jaw just looks silly. not the good kind.

Lulu looks very bland in comparison to the dragon. The dragon got a LOT more love in this skin.

The ult is still just a tree stump, everything else got a new appearance, but her ult remains unchanged. Why not a dragon lunging up from the ground?

Lulu's attire is very droll, nothing about it says "I totally tame dragons" it just says "it seems a little chilly out"

Other than these complaints, I like the skin, but I'm not going to pay for a visual upgrade to pix, especially when I have wicked lulu which is unique comparatively.

(not worried about the price, though it does seem a tad steep considering my reasons above for not buying^)

Chiyosuke

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiGoRawr View Post
Riot, it's either legendary or not legendary skin, don't make a skin ( like dragon Lulu ) with nice animation LIKE Foxfire Ahri skin, Blackthorn Morgana skin etc and smack 1350. Wdf is 1350? Half ass Legendary skin? Next thing you know, regular skin goes from 975 to 1350 =.=. I main support and Lulu is one of my most play support. I was going to buy the skin until i saw the price. Nope. Nope. NOPE. C:
English mother ****er do you speak it?
Also you know it's not the ANIMATOR's fault where the price was set? So why do you feel the need to down vote him? Seems kinda messed up, like booing a comic off the stage because the drinks are too much money.
It's a nice skin and all but just not worth more than 975 RP.

The Ghost Orchid

11-15-2012

When I first heard about the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin I knew I wanted it. Then I saw the price and read all the pissing and moaning on here and I got a little dissuaded. If everyone thinks it's a bad deal, then it must be a bad deal right?

Well, I just bought the skin and I freaking love it. The dragon is super cute. When I play Lulu, I never really payed much attention to Pix, but the Dragon is so obvious that it can't be ignored. I seriously love how it follows her around almost lovingly. It just adds so much more personality to the character.

I'm really glad I didn't give in to all the negativity.

Thanks Riot.

0Mint0

11-15-2012

I have no problem contributing riot, but not this much... don't make us feel like we are getting taken advantage of. I think if this trend continues, you will find a large loss in sales because people like most of us here are not going to pay that much for a mediocre skin. Not to mention "Dragon tamer" lulu has so much potential... but you couldn't even change the ultimate up.. for god sake she tames dragons.

ScareyCarey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity R View Post
I really feel RIOT is now just producing things like this to tug on our heart strings.

What my gripe with them is, the lack of free to play content that is constantly being updated, we have over 105 champs now and still only 10 free champs? this is a joke

You have the potential to be seen more than a money hungry hippo right now, and I am drifting more and more to Dota, Its owned by a larger company gets updates more than once a week, and everything about it is free and avaliable

Sorry this post went sort of off topic but I figure if it is here they will read it, They really do need to understand the issues we (The Community) are facing, they are just after our wallets and at a bare minimum giving us what we need.Trin OUT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anartia View Post
I main support and Lulu is my go to. I was so excited about her skin, however I was thrown for a loop when I heard of the price from my team mate. I can't warrant paying 1350 for a skin with a dragon pet. The particles are pretty. Her hair is a recolor. I am not sure about her robe (can't get a good look at it on the pictures/video).

At the very least, her whimsy sound should have been changed. You're a dragon trainer and you turn someone into a dragon, but it sounds like a squirrel? The sound should have been changed to something more dragon-like so that it would go along with this skin you guys have designed and have played up so much.

I love Lulu. Her other skins I didn't like because their faces looked way too creepy. She's endearing in nature/character, yes. But, her face just doesn't match up well. Here there was a chance to fix that, but that wasn't done either.

And another thing! Why only one support champion a year?! With this meta we only get one new support a year?! (I say support according to their own category listings not the tanks/jungles/mids that COULD be played as supports).

I appreciate the work, but Lulu herself doesn't reflect the price, and she's the endearing lovable whimsical character I fell in love with... not her pet butterfly.
Just some summoners with legitimate concerns, honest opinions, and Lulu players who find the new skin price ridiculous for good reasons. (And I honestly do think the whole "we put more work into this, pay us more argument is bull ****. Treat all skins the same, you're not getting more unless it's legendary.)

Here's to hoping Riot listens. Love this company, do the right thing. <3

planes25jb

11-15-2012

i am not too happy about the price changes. i really think they should stay 975. i really do not think this is a good idea on u'r behalf no one would want to buy skins anymore i know i would not.

Covaxe

11-15-2012

Shyvana's skins had additional work put into them as well because her dragon form has a different taunt and laugh animation (plus all the work of making a dragon form to begin with) but she doesn't cost more because of it like Kha'Zix or Lulu.

Should the Classic Shyvana dragon form not have gotten a taunt and laugh and her additional skins cost more when they get them? I don't think so.

Mistilteinn

11-15-2012

lulu skin so cute but is too expensive.