Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holochaust

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Dat Lulu is so cute... but the price kills us all Riot T_T

DatTrollz

11-14-2012

Why dont you rework skins for old champs like Udyr or Nidalee, instead of making expensive skins to new champions?

Phisheye

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderscore13 View Post
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time weíve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.

Everyone loves the skin, but why the skin (or skins) are more or equal the same RP price as champions, is beyond any valid conclusion I could come to. Basically, skins should NOT be more or equal to champions but less or equal to base champion RP prices (975). In this case, I would be willing to buy a whole new champion for this dragon trainer skin (975rp), but not a champion and a half for its current value (1350). We know you guys are dedicated to us and divulge a lot of resources and management to these kinds of creations, but we can't always spend an arm and a leg to look cute or B.A. in game.

LethalShadow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Prices going up is no surprise to anyone, or at least it should not be. It's a business and they will always charge what people are willing to pay.

The best way to get your point across when you disagree with any company's business, is to vote with your wallet. If a million people buy 1350 RP skins, why would they charge any less ? It's the Call of Duty syndrome.

I have personally stopped purchasing RP and am entirely willing to never pay another penny. I have no problem with them trying to make more money. I just personally cannot justify paying that much for a purely cosmetic change in a game in these times when the cost of living is so high.

BaronVonWaffle

11-14-2012

This makes Volibear sad.

Swanhaven

11-14-2012

Haha oh wow, 66+ pages and nary a response in sight.

I'm guessing nobody's going to hear from Hippalus for a good long while.

gandog sederance

11-14-2012

how much do you want to bet there is going to be a BioForge Draven next, and becausue of Battle Cast could come out with Bioforge draven im guessig there is going to Be and Battle Cast Kog'maw, or a Battle Cast Skarner coming

SMITETOKILL

11-14-2012

I like the art for Darius. Thats about it o_o

Star of Insomnia

11-14-2012

Funny how trolls downvoted Riots and upvoted 11ers on the first page.

ghostninja321

11-14-2012

Bought the Lulu skin, solid animations but her model is lame.